• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hook doctor

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jillaroo

Reaction score
Anyone ever used one of these contraptions?

www.ritcheytags.com/hook-doctor.php

Do they work or are they a gimmick?
Our rotten old cows just love to try and squish hands when you retag them.

I have one without the calf hook on the end and I use it mouthing cows. Seems to work better then bending down to grab the mouth and getting a head in the face. :D

Soapweed has one that he uses, it's where i saw them first. :D

jillaroo -gcreek has been using a shepards crook for a while to catch ca;ves that hook doctor looks like it could be a handy tool . I use a stock cane to catch a calves in the flank. i just may order one of these tommorrow at Beaver Valley Feeds.

Im glad you posted this topic I have been trying to remember what it was called. I couldn't remember what soapweed was using. Just placed a order for one.

The Hook Doctor is a handy contaption. I like the original shorter version best for mouthing cows, but the new long model with a hook on the end for catching calves is also handy. It is a bit too long though to fit between the front of the cow's mouth and the front of the chute. The old original model is best for mouthing, but doubt if they are available any more. Get a Hook Doctor. You will find it to be quite useful. :wink:

went to town today sold some 2x loser cows averaged 875 /head on 4 cows ages 3-8 years old.average wt.1270. a high of 1080 on 1320#3 YR. OLD. ONE OLD COW weighing 1150 brought 64cents/lb stopped by b.v. feeds they had several kane calf catchers & shepards crooks bought one spent a little time treating calves this afternoon.never missed on 15 tries im impressed.

Latest posts