• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Horse Slaughter Petition

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
There is a petition from the WH to look at lifting the horse slaughter ban. They need 5,000 signatures. You need to sign up to sign it.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/restore-humane-horse-slaughter-improve-horse-welfare-stop-needless-wasteful-suffering-create-jobs/2QtJRrxY#thank-you=p

There defenatley needs to be more competition in the bidding for loose horses. At the Philip, SD horse sale last weekend, there were only 2 loose horse buyers in the seats. They sat side by side and basically took turns buying horses. Most in the 15/cwt range or less depending on the condition. If the owner was not in the seats to represent the horse, they would holler out that a gelding is a stud and try to steal that one for $25 to 50 per head.

Usually there is at least one more buyer that will keep them honest, but the USDA (in connection with HSUA, in my opinion) has made it such a pain in the ass, that he quit buying. They have placed so many regulations on shipping and hauling horses that most of the honest buyers have called it quits.

people really need to sign this deal, sucks we have to do like this, but its the AMERICAN way, least we can. there still shy of quite afew, put it on your face book iffin you got one. needless to say horses arn't people too, all tho i've known a few that were better than most people

Latest posts