• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Horse's Pupil

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DustDevil

Reaction score
Is this normal ? This is my second mare with this "protrusion" into the pupil, my older mare (gone now) had the same thing that progressed as she got older and it seemed to affect her vision, nightvision, especially. Thanks.
20210329_172542.jpg

Is this normal ? This is my second mare with this "protrusion" into the pupil, my older mare (gone now) had the same thing that progressed as she got older and it seemed to affect her vision, nightvision, especially. Thanks.View attachment 569
I would love to help you but my horses have never had this problem I hope someone can help you and your pretty girl later

This is "Shadow", she's 1/2 Mustang and 1/2 "Paint" (APHA?) according to the guy I bought her from. I appreciate the help, I wish the eye pic had come out more detailed. She sees pretty darn good I think, she's as good a watchdog as any horse I've ever seen and you know they are.
20201123_080355.jpg

This is "Shadow", she's 1/2 Mustang and 1/2 "Paint" (APHA?) according to the guy I bought her from. I appreciate the help, I wish the eye pic had come out more detailed. She sees pretty darn good I think, she's as good a watchdog as any horse I've ever seen and you know they are.View attachment 570
She's a beautiful girl she almost looks pregnant from the camera view just because from experience our pregnant mares looked like her when they were . When did you get her?

I like her! Does her eye ever run? Even if their sight is compromised they have other senses to make up for it. Have you taken her to a vet? Many times eye problems can be stopped, and if not stopped can spread to the other eye. Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

Thanks, Leilani and FH. She doesn't act like she has any problems at all with her eyes . Never any running or anything. Only thing I've had her to the vet for is coggins test and she's had to have stitches .

She's a beautiful girl she almost looks pregnant from the camera view just because from experience our pregnant mares looked like her when they were . When did you get her?
No Ma'am, she' just a little underworked and overfed. She was 6 when I got her and recently had a colt pulled off her. I can't remember right now but I've had her at least 6 more years.

Latest posts