• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

House bucks Obama: Bill Jump starts Gulf Oil production

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
House Bucks Obama: Bill Jump-Starts Gulf Oil Production
May 7, 2011

Republicans are banking on a measure approved by the House on Thursday to lower gasoline prices by accelerating offshore lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico.

"The situation we find ourselves in today is detrimental to everyone who goes to the pump to fill their cars," said Rep. Rob Bishop (R.-Utah). "The cost of gas increases, and continues to increase because of the inaction of this administration."

The de facto moratorium on offshore drilling imposed by President Obama after the Deepwater Horizon tragedy last year has forced the importation of an additional 130,000 barrels of oil a day to make up for the lost production, Republicans say.

Democrats argued that the bill would lead to future environmental tragedies and insisted that more oil is being safely produced under President Obama than in President Bush's administration.

Republicans countered that Americans are expected to spend an additional $700 on gasoline this year.

President Obama has since lifted the moratorium, but few permits are actually being approved, Republicans said.

"Unfortunately, the administration turned the tragedy into a catastrophe … one that destroys jobs," Bishop said.

HR 1230, the Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act, passed the House by a vote of 266 to 149, with 233 Republicans and 33 Democrats supporting the measure.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The comments following the article are sounding violent.
People are totally fed up with this president and what he has done
to our country.

http://patriotupdate.com/6540/house-bucks-obama-bill-jump-starts-gulf-oil-production

When Osama, I mean Obama veto's it after it passes the senate, will that be enough incriminating evidence of his obstinance against the court to start impeachment?

I think it is funny that they are still holding on to the environmental b.s.
How long ago did they support off shore drilling by a foreign country? Surely a third world country can drill so much more envrionmentally friendly right?

if it doesn't get a vote in the senate,.. at least it will show that someone is at least trying..

Lease sales are not drilling.. or even approval of a drilling plan.. but they do send a positive signal and generate additional federal revenue..

so why would anyone vote against the sales?

Steve said:
if it doesn't get a vote in the senate,.. at least it will show that someone is at least trying..

Lease sales are not drilling.. or even approval of a drilling plan.. but they do send a positive signal and generate additional federal revenue..

so why would anyone vote against the sales?

are all lease sales in the US federal? In Canada they are provincial. Alberta just had another record year for lease sales, and I'm not sure but I think Sask. is up too.

We'll have a new pipeline to the west coast soon, so we will need to fill that, and if the US gets off their duff and approves a couple, we'll have to ramp up production just to keep up. 8)

Lots here, just let us know you want it, and we'll ship it.

okfarmer said:
When Osama, I mean Obama veto's it after it passes the senate, will that be enough incriminating evidence of his obstinance against the court to start impeachment?

I think it is funny that they are still holding on to the environmental b.s.
How long ago did they support off shore drilling by a foreign country? Surely a third world country can drill so much more envrionmentally friendly right?

2 Billion to Brazil for off shore drilling and a promise to be one of their largest customers less than two months ago. WEE more money in a GREEDY Oil Company's/ Billionaires pocket. BUT it is OK this time as it is George Soros pockets and from those same deep pockets comes donations for the Dems glory boy Obama. Besides Soros wouldn't do anything to destroy a country's economy so he can make a buck would he? :x

Latest posts