• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

house fire

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sorry for your loss. You said you were in the pick-up, does that mean you weren't home when it happened? I had a friend that his house burnt, lost all his trophy saddles a long with the pictures and etc, woke up in the middle of the night and had just enough time to get family out. Thank God you are safe and anything I can do let me know. Think I will throw my heaters in the dump. I read where those small air freshners you plug in have caused lots of fires.

Rancher, I bet you heard right, about the plug-in air freshners, because we had an electrical contractor tell us those things you plug in that is supposed to emit a high-frequency to keep mice and bugs away, also cause a lot of fires. Hadn't thought about the plug-in air freshners, though. Thanks for the tip!

Hang in there, MR. We are sure thinking about you. Do you know of anything we can do as of yet?

M R ,,sorry to hear about your loss, Thank GOD nobody was hurt, went through the same many years ago,, T-Fal pan on a back burner that shorted out, seems on low heat the damn thing will ignite, (don't leave them on the stove top!) Didn't notice burner left on, July 17th, it was over a hundred that day, I had every window in the house opened, went up in minutes,

As for the pictures, when every thing settles down, have a picture party, where the guest bring a copy of a picture as an invite, we were surprised how many of our friends had pictures for us, Our friends at church came up with the idea, they combined it with a house "cooling" party, it was nice,,,

We rebuilt, but many can't face living in the same place, I pray you have a good insurance agent, either way there seems to be a lot of good people in every town, builders, and contractors seem more then willing to help fire victems. ,,and for every good adjuster there is a shyster,,,so talk to people that have had your similar loss to see if you really need one...

Good luck, and GOD Bless,,,,

Everyone on here so kind I cant begin to express my self. I just wish we had a whole bunch of neighbors like you all. Everytime I drive by the firesite when I am feeding over at the feedlot it makes my stomach turn and brings tears to my eyes to see what is left of all we had. Not sure if i could ever live on that spot again after all that has happened. I keep thinking every morning when I wake up in the morning that it is only a bad dream but seeing what is left makes it really tough to handle. Thank you everyone for your kind words. If someone could tell me how I could post a picture on here I could post a few pictures to let everyone see the mess we are going to have to dig through to clean it up. Thanks again!! God bless!

M-R

I went through the exact same situation 3 years ago, and the only advice I have is do NOT turn down help. the emotional stress and worry will wear you down, any help offered needs to be jumped on because you will get to a breaking point and just sit and wonder what to do next.

It is a long road back, but it is survivable, good luck.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Everyone on here so kind I cant begin to express my self. I just wish we had a whole bunch of neighbors like you all. Everytime I drive by the firesite when I am feeding over at the feedlot it makes my stomach turn and brings tears to my eyes to see what is left of all we had. Not sure if i could ever live on that spot again after all that has happened. I keep thinking every morning when I wake up in the morning that it is only a bad dream but seeing what is left makes it really tough to handle. Thank you everyone for your kind words. If someone could tell me how I could post a picture on here I could post a few pictures to let everyone see the mess we are going to have to dig through to clean it up. Thanks again!! God bless!

Here's a link to a previous post on how to post pictures. Again, if there's anything I can do to help, I'm just down the road.

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21

Manitoba Rancher---

Please know you're in our thoughts and prayers---and also let us know if you need anything.

Fire is a scary thing-I've never had a home burn, but had a lambing barn burn (no lives lost, animal or human, thankfully) and that was horrible.

Take care of yourself and your family, and know we're thinking of you and yours.

TTB

Sorry about your fire Manitoba Rancher. About the only thing I can offer is that you take Jigs advice and accept help. To often we think we are strong and can handle our trageies by ourselves. There are to many worries and to many decesions you will need to face, just to know there is someone there for comfort and encouragement is worth a great deal.

Manitoba Rancher,
Having never been in your predicament all I can do is imagine. It must be heart wrenching to see all the effort of years demolished. A lesson for all of us there. I've emailed you but perhaps you could post an address for all of us to send something to cheer you on and up? We'd really like to extend some help.

(Adding to the list of fire causes, a fire chief told me toaster ovens often don't stop heating and he'd seen melted and charred countertops as a result. He recommended unplugging them when not in use.)

Manitoba rancher---hope you got my PM....i meant whole-heartedly what i said...anything (and i do mean ANYTHING) at all that we can do to help you and yours through this very difficult time...got family that are contractors and construction workers, too....let all of here on ranchers know!!!

The emails and kindness from you all are helping us keep our chins up. We re having quite a problem right now as our feed mill runs solely on electricity and when we had the fire it burned down the power line. So needless to say we have no power at the feedlot so our cattle are not getting any grain. :( Should have power up and running by monday "hopefully". For anyone wanting our address it is:

Coulson Stock Farms
Box 181
Oak River Manitoba Canada
R0K 1T0
204-724-6942

M_R, I am less than 9 hours from you. I'm ready for a road trip. If you have a work day, I would come up and give you a hand. Any one else who is on the way we could meet and all come together. Rancher's net posse on the way..... :D

katrina said:
M_R, I am less than 9 hours from you. I'm ready for a road trip. If you have a work day, I would come up and give you a hand. Any one else who is on the way we could meet and all come together. Rancher's net posse on the way..... :D

let me know when and where...I'm there!!!!!

MR,I been busy just read your post,bad news ,but I have no doubt you are tough enough to over come this.You still have all your family and friends................good luck

Let me know about a work day, I'll go if I can get away! 'Course i don't know what kind of work you could get out of me, bein' an old fat grampa and all! :lol:

Jinglebob said:
Let me know about a work day, I'll go if I can get away! 'Course i don't know what kind of work you could get out of me, bein' an old fat grampa and all! :lol:

Every crew needs a foreman :lol:

You guys and gals are so kind. This is a darn tough thing to go through, and it is taking its toll on us. S.S.A.P has been so kind to set us up a website where we can post pictures and keep everyone updated if you want to check it out go to: http://www.manitobarancher.homestead.com/index.html

As for a work day Ill definately keep that in mind because there is so much clean up to do. Check out the pictures.

Thank you everyone for your kindness! When I read your posts early in the morning and late at night when I get in, it always brings a smile to my face.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your home. I see by the pictures what you mean about a big job to sort through and clean up. Our thoughts are with you.

M_R, I look at the pictures of your burned home, and think. This could be my home......Sad, Sad, I hope you have friends and family that you can count on everyday.. Do let us know when you are cleaning up so I can help you. You are in our prayers....katrina

Latest posts