• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

House pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver said:
Very nice place, I'm impressed. Showed the pics to my wife, and she likes too.
PS; yer not using those leghole traps are you? The tree huggers will be all over you. :wink:
PPS Nice mule deer, you don't have those in Texas do you?

I have used plenty leg hold traps in my day and caught many a critter with em!!! Not ashamed to say so...anyone who don't like it can kiss my rear! I call em "bunny huggers"...........thats another thing i say different.

No the mule deer are So. Dak deer. Texas has em but i haven't seen any but one dead doe on the road since i been here. out west they got some big ones i guess. out in the "big bend" area....and just west of here. New mexico has huge Mule Deer and its the same sort of country.

I am going to Texas in the spring, me and some gal pals are hooking up to go to the Ronnie Coleman classics. Two or three are doing body and the others fitness. Sheesh going to have ta brush up on the lingo :wink: :wink:
Duds versus digs
the y'all I already say...

Sorry Txtibbs just had to point out the bear :p

TXTibbs said:
Call me old fashioned....but um....what the heck is a "dig"....your the second one to mention that :!: :???: :???:

The newest innercity slang term that threw me was:
"He ain't got no job, no crib". The person I asked to clarify what that meant looked at me like I was from Mars :roll:
It is humbling getting old.
For any of you equally uninformed: crib means home.

Silver said:
PS; yer not using those leghole traps are you? The tree huggers will be all over you. :wink:

According to SH if you call them"leg hold" traps, your are a "greenie" or an "enviro nut". ?Supposed toi be called "paw HoldP traps". And by golly ol' SH couldn't possibly be wrong! Just ask him! :lol:

Great photos TX. It's awesome to know that there are men who know how to clean up after themselves! And not to mention do some good decorating in there home. Keep up the good work and keep posting those pictures!

Usgal~

TX, Tell us about the box of dinasaur fossils. Did you find them?
Were you able to figure out if de thigh bone connected to de knee bone?

Jinglebob said:
Silver said:

According to SH if you call them"leg hold" traps, your are a "greenie" or an "enviro nut". ?Supposed toi be called "paw HoldP traps". And by golly ol' SH couldn't possibly be wrong! Just ask him! :lol:

hmph. Never heard of a "paw hold" I always just called 'em traps. Was all there was when I was catchin' critters. And I caught very few by the paw, I caught 'em by the leg... Unless of course I was using connibear traps, but I never got along that good with them. Hard on fingers. :?

Speakin of traps. There's a lil bbq place in the neighboring town we visit on occasion. Very good..listed in top 20 in texas by texas monthly a while back. anyway the man that owns it was having trouble with someone breaking in at night and stealing his briskets...right off the pit. He'd stayed up there at night..informed the police...did all he knew to do and still was loosing briskets. On night before leaving he set a bear trap just inside the door that goes into the room that has his smoker in it. he'd somehow set it where it wouldn't completely shut....but still...it had someone in it when he got there the next mornin. Needless to say..he didnt have anymore missing briskets. I do think he got in trouble with the law over it tho hahaha...

nr
If you want some dino bones, come out to our place with your pick and shovel, when you are this way. We've found quite a few. Even had the fellow who found "Sue" here to look, but he wanted us to find one that was "articulated" before he would come and do a dig.

We've used fossils for years to gravel our roads with in this country. Lots of gravel rideges around here and they have lots of fossils in them.

You can find sharkes teeth down in the river bvreaks, I'm told.

If you want to dig 'em out, I'll make you a real good deal! :wink:

Jinglebob said:
nr
If you want some dino bones, come out to our place with your pick and shovel, when you are this way. We've found quite a few. Even had the fellow who found "Sue" here to look, but he wanted us to find one that was "articulated" before he would come and do a dig.

We've used fossils for years to gravel our roads with in this country. Lots of gravel rideges around here and they have lots of fossils in them.

Thank you for the offer. I've always wanted to go on a Dig instead of just hunting for hubby's socks.
But where on earth is North Central Western South Dakota???!

nr

Location: way East of Soapweed, FH, BMR,Haymaker, and Alabama...

NR I just noticed? You are EAST of me? Georgia? I see that Auburn starts off with Georgia Tech this year. It's about time.
Wreck Tech!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
War Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jinglebob said:
nr

Why didn't you invite me Jinglebob....despite what NR said, I didn't steal mine...I'm not a thief :wink:

You must live close to my two sisters.....the guy who found sioux isn't far from there.....haha...bet my family knows you..... :wink: :p :lol: Of course every one knows every one in So. Dak.

Latest posts