• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

House Update *Pics*

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
Well the guys are here meadia blasting all the peeling stain off of it.

East side
IMG_6942.jpg

North side
IMG_6944.jpg

Blasting
IMG_6945.jpg

Some of the stain will not come off so I have to use a sander to get it off

IMG_6940.jpg

IMG_6941.jpg

Bet a sandblaster would take it off and show the wood grain in the logs.

The big ones are pretty pricey though.

So, basically you want just a sealer for the logs........ Something to prevent them from absorbing water, then drying/shrinking & contracting to prevent cracking/splitting?

http://www.saversystems.com/wood-products/extreme-wood-stain

Mike that is a large sandblaster that they are using. They are not using sand because it would cause more damage to the logs. They are using a silicone bead.

Talked to our builder and he said to use TWP stain. It is an oil base and has an insect and mold resistance additive.

Site is kicking me off again.

The guys got done last night. They stayed late just get get finished.

Northside
IMG_6951.jpg

Westside
IMG_6958.jpg

IMG_6967.jpg

Southside almost done
IMG_6964.jpg

I got the house washed today. Decided to use the local fire truck, that 2" booster hose at 125 psi sure made short work of washing all that grit off of the logs. Only had trouble at 1 corner the wind got me an early shower.

We had trouble with some high priced Benjamin paint. Would have been better off with anything else. They did however send painters and paint out to redo it. I hope they see the light with your project.

per they have blamed us for all the problems and just finally offered to re-imburse us the $855 we spent on their crappy stain.
Costing us over $5000 to get that junk off of our house.
Told their rep after I fell off the ladder all we wanted was for them to cover the cost of media blasting.
No response concerning that.

Latest posts