• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Houston Chronicle picks up story of Houstonite with vCJD

Help Support Ranchers.net:

reader (the Second) said:
On the flip side, he would not have been allowed to give blood thankfully due to regulations to stop the spread of vCJD. So steps - some - have been taken to stop the spread of vCJD.

But had he had surgery, they may well have reused the instruments on random Texans.

Reader,

My wife used to get mad at me when I was calm during our childbirths. I used to tell her how I had to pull a calf or turn it around or something like that, not to worry about it. She got real mad at me once and shouted, "If you call me a cow one more time I am going to rip off these hospital clothes and make you eat them! I am not a cow!"

Needless to say, I stopped the experience telling of my cattle days.

Recently she had to have a dental implant. She had to have--you guessed it-- some cow bone implanted in her jaw to build it up again. She ended up being part cow anyway.

Is she at risk for BSE?

On the flip side, he would not have been allowed to give blood thankfully due to regulations to stop the spread of vCJD. So steps - some - have been taken to stop the spread of vCJD.

But had he had surgery, they may well have reused the instruments on random Texans.

reader2- I agree - It is good that some special interest groups have not bought out the FDA concerning that firewall we have against BSE...

It makes you wonder how many of the other firewalls the special interests have got the FDA and USDA to sell out on will come back to haunt us years down the line......ex. chicken litter, import rules, table scraps, SRM definitions etc.....

This situation shows the sound reasoning behind the blood donation rules- and in my opinion the reason we need all the firewalls we had and should be strengthening them instead of weakening them.....

Oldtimer said:

reader2- I agree - It is good that some special interest groups have not bought out the FDA concerning that firewall we have against BSE...

It makes you wonder how many of the other firewalls the special interests have got the FDA and USDA to sell out on will come back to haunt us years down the line......ex. chicken litter, import rules, table scraps, SRM definitions etc.....

This situation shows the sound reasoning behind the blood donation rules- and in my opinion the reason we need all the firewalls we had and should be strengthening them instead of weakening them.....

Makes me wonder why we don't take the accountability thing with these regulatory agencies up a notch or two along with the lobbies on the hill.

Econ101 said:
My wife used to get mad at me when I was calm during our childbirths. I used to tell her how I had to pull a calf or turn it around or something like that, not to worry about it. She got real mad at me once and shouted, "If you call me a cow one more time I am going to rip off these hospital clothes and make you eat them! I am not a cow!"

Funny how wives and women in general don't seem to like you talking about them "calving out" :?

Last night the daughter was telling me how one of her best friends who is due the 1st of December was starting to have pains and the Dr. had told her she shouldn't take the trip home from college (Miles City) without someone with her-- pretty desolate country....Anyway she was skeptical about bringing her, saying "what would I do if she went into labor about Van Norman cutacross (70 miles from nowhere)".....
I made the mistake of saying- "stop in at Big Dry Angus"..After getting a puzzling look from daughter and wife, I continued " I'm sure Brent has pulled many a calf in his days"... at which I was run out of the room and the conversation......Sounded good to me..

Latest posts