• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How did you meet your husband/wife?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
Hope that everyone is doing well today. Since I am single I don't have a story to share at this moment; however, if you would like, share with us that special story about how did you meet your husband or wife? :D

I waited until she broke a leg and then I could catch her. :lol:

Shortly after that I told her we were getting married. She never said no and 31 years later she's still here. :wink:

Well I was working as a chip n dales dancer and had done this bacheloret party. She was the biggest tipper there so I figured something gdood might come out of it so we set a date and here we are years later.

But truth be told I met her in high-school when we were 14. But that other story sounds more interesting. ;-)

A bit of a targeted event for me. I knew she was at a friends place who was having a get together so I chose to fly in, buzzing the house a few times, landed on the highway, taxied up the driveway, parked on the lawn. Joined the party, got an introduction, the rest is 22 years of history.

It was my 21st birthday and I thought she would make a nice little birthday present for myself. She told me that she already had on A-hole in her pants and did not need another. We had our 30th last august, guess I proved her wrong.

per said:
A bit of a targeted event for me. I knew she was at a friends place who was having a get together so I chose to fly in, buzzing the house a few times, landed on the highway, taxied up the driveway, parked on the lawn. Joined the party, got an introduction, the rest is 22 years of history.

That sounded pretty exciting, per. No wonder she fell for you after you made such a flamboyant entrance into her life. :wink:

Saw a Gal from High School at Dad's Bar one Saturday nigh ask her to dance , She told me she was on a date and to ask her friend> I did a 5'10" long legged blond said yes. Took her horse back riding in the rain the next day, My grand dad just happened to stop by. He had poor eyesight. so he got good and close to her on the horse and gave me wink of approval. We had our picnic in the hay loft of the old barn and watched the rain. Will be 30 years this August..... never get married in the middle of hay season.

jodywy said:
Saw a Gal from High School at Dad's Bar one Saturday nigh ask her to dance , She told me she was on a date and to ask her friend> I did a 5'10" long legged blond said yes. Took her horse back riding in the rain the next day, My grand dad just happened to stop by. He had poor eyesight. so he got good and close to her on the horse and gave me wink of approval. We had our picnic in the hay loft of the old barn and watched the rain. Will be 30 years this August..... never get married in the middle of hay season.

Jodywy,
Your story is very sweet. Wish I could make friends that like horses, so that we can go horseback riding.

i met and married the same bride twice.after a 10 yr separation the second was totally different. :shock:

first time i stole her off the dance floor.the second time was in a cemetary.

parking in a 1971 truck then in 1981 truck can really change alot of things

married off and on for 36 years now.

I actually met my wife at the national FFA convention in 1989.... she does not remember it at all. a year later we had mutual friends and we saw each other off and on...started dating in June. I moved home to farm and we saw each other on weekends. it was a 3 hour drive between us. running a grain cart in corn harvest I told her that it was too hard to do the week end deal, so we either break up or get married.... will be 20 long, hard, fun, and painful years this fall. we leave at the end of May for a 7 day cruise to celebrate the big occasion.

I was a young Deputy Sheriff- and was called one night for a drunk driver running cars off the Highway... A Highway Patrolman eventually rammed and ran the car off the road- and while he was trying to get the driver out of the vehicle- the driver ran over him...After I and another Deputy shot out the vehicle tires- broke the windows to get to the driver and was able to subdue/arrest him- and transport to jail- I went to the Hospital to check on the Patrolman who was being X-Rayed-- and my future wife was the X-Ray technician....
The next week her best friend who was a nurse lined us up on a date....That was in 1975- and we were married in 1976....

jigs said:
I actually met my wife at the national FFA convention in 1989.... she does not remember it at all. a year later we had mutual friends and we saw each other off and on...started dating in June. I moved home to farm and we saw each other on weekends. it was a 3 hour drive between us. running a grain cart in corn harvest I told her that it was too hard to do the week end deal, so we either break up or get married.... will be 20 long, hard, fun, and painful years this fall. we leave at the end of May for a 7 day cruise to celebrate the big occasion.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! Thank you for sharing your story with us. :)

Oldtimer said:
I was a young Deputy Sheriff- and was called one night for a drunk driver running cars off the Highway... A Highway Patrolman eventually rammed and ran the car off the road- and while he was trying to get the driver out of the vehicle- the driver ran over him...After I and another Deputy shot out the vehicle tires- broke the windows to get to the driver and was able to subdue/arrest him- and transport to jail- I went to the Hospital to check on the Patrolman who was being X-Rayed-- and my future wife was the X-Ray technician....
The next week her best friend who was a nurse lined us up on a date....That was in 1975- and we were married in 1976....

Love works in mysterious ways, especially when we least expected it. I just want God to grand me the opportunity to make more friends who are mature and hard-working, kind, and not obsessed with cell phones or video games.

sweetbasil said:
Oldtimer said:

Love works in mysterious ways, especially when we least expected it. I just want God to grand me the opportunity to make more friends who are mature and hard-working, kind, and not obsessed with cell phones or video games.

You have high and noble aspirations. Your dream man is out there somewhere, but he might live a long ways from a highway or cell phone tower. :wink:

I met Lisa the old fashioned way, on the internet. :oops: She was in Arizona and I was in Kansas. Be married 5 years in July.

Apparently I havn't met her yet...thought I had a time or two...maybe I have but haven't gotten there yet....

I't not enough you find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, you must also find a way into there heart.

balestabber said:
i met and married the same bride twice.after a 10 yr separation the second was totally different. :shock:

first time i stole her off the dance floor.the second time was in a cemetary.

parking in a 1971 truck then in 1981 truck can really change alot of things

married off and on for 36 years now.
Balestabber. you did better than my uncle. He maried the the some women 2 times always said the reason she married him the second time was to get everything she didn't get the first time.

Latest posts