• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How fresh is this!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Just chowing down on whitetail backstrap seasoned with Montreal Steak Spice-at 8'30 he was pussyfooting down a creek bank heading south. To his bad luck I was stillhunting north on the other side-when we got across from each other I hammered him. Kind of tough going out there so Ty and I quartered him and just finished packing him out. Sinful how good it tastes.

Sounds darn good to me. I'm partial to the tenderloin myself.Nothins really moving here yet, no snow yet.Hunters coming this weekend then we'll go at it hard.Have second weekend in Dec. booked for sausage making so hopefully we all fill tags.We'll always accept help making sausage N.R if your not busy :lol:

Couple of things of note, 1) If you knew how Mr. C shoots, you too would be happy to finally of shot one yourself and not relying on the kids to bring home dinner.2) Mrs. C can probably make anything look and taste good.3) If all you had to eat was kid shot food and South Devon-Brahma cross, the Queens cows would even taste good!

Have a good one Mr. and Mrs. C

CA :D

Faster horses said:
Deer, yuk. Warm deer, double yuk! :p
If you want to talk about YUK try Cold Goat Meat Sandwiches washed down with Goat Milk! Makes you feel as though you swallowed a live Gecko - suction foot pads included! Got the "T" shirt to prove it! Even live grasshoppers are better.

DOC HARRIS

If you ever want to know whose a good cook and whose place you must avoid at all costs.......just ask the local vet.......they've been to just about every place in the entire district! :lol:

LOL local vets dont hang around long enuff to find out if anyone's a good cook down here....they off goin to their next call.

I like deer meat just fine, but don't wanna eat it after processin one for a while.

aint never tried cold goat meat ....have drank goats milk(it was fine) But the best way to eat a goat is bbq, in a hole, cooked allllll day. Now that's some fine eatin. I don't know how others fix there's, but fixed that way, I've never had a bad experience.

A deer is just a GOVERNMENT GOAT as my 5 year old would say were having backstrap baby.must be something he heard from his mom.

I took Lane hunting with me last week we were sitting in the truck he was complaining how it was the worst spot and we would never see a deer well 1/2 an hour here comes a doe I get out of the truck look at her thru the scope Lane takes a look.Now mind you he has on his orange jacket I dont he wispers dad are you going to put on your coat your gonna go to jail I said in a minute.Iwaited a while hoping for that doe to lure out a buck she started heading for the woods Lane says WELL YA GONNA SHOOT HER OR WHAT.A minute later he's singing were having backstrap baby oh yea..

Sorry girls, I gotta join the guys this time :p I like deer, especially tenderloin and backstrap! Elk is even better. Of course nothing beats beef :) :!:

Took down a doe this evening. Loins are marinating in the fridge as we speak. We'll be eating good tomorrow night. :D

Northern Rancher said:
Just chowing down on whitetail backstrap seasoned with Montreal Steak Spice-at 8'30 he was pussyfooting down a creek bank heading south. To his bad luck I was stillhunting north on the other side-when we got across from each other I hammered him. Kind of tough going out there so Ty and I quartered him and just finished packing him out. Sinful how good it tastes.

yummy, we got to have corn fritters, tenderloin, and chokecherry syrup the nite i shot mine, and tonite we had polishes, YUMMMYYY lol

Doc, YUKKYYYYYY that is nasty! i hate anythin goat! eeeewwww lol[/quote]

Jinglebob said:
Got back the beef from the butchershop. It is excellent! And I didn't have to marinate it either! :wink: :lol:

Same here-- spent so many years as a kid eating nothing but venison, that now that I can afford beef- I'll stick with the beef.........

I love tenderloin. Deer, elk or moose is fabulous when it's done right. Something that surprised the Hell outta me, was at a friends place earlier this fall. They had a bunch of folks together for their annual Cock 'n Knob, and one of the many things on the spit was a haunch of pronghorn they'd shot just a couple days before. Damn was that good! :shock: Never had it, can't wait to have it again. Thought it'd be tough meat b/c they're such a tough, wiry little critter, but it's just the opposite - tender, juicy and delicious.

Latest posts