• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How long will the Weather Hold?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

How long can this beautiful weather hold? Working cattle yesterday and today in my shirt sleeves---temp was near 65 yesterday- and in the 50's today...

What a change from the miserable cold/wet Oct weather....

And the weather boys prediction for the next two weeks is above normal temps- and below normal precip.... :D

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/814temp.new.gif

Only problem I saw today is that the dust in the corrals/on the prairie is a little tough on the calves working them....

Trade you for another month.

Eight inches of snow on Monday and snowing again tonight, no problem with brown dust at the moment although we have had a "Montana Wind" blowing white dust in the afternoons.
We have 200 acres of 3 foot high slough grass that the cows are in, we don't need a thaw now.

OT, every good Chinook ends with and High Pressure system that swoops down and engulfs us in bitter cold miserable weather. This one will be no exception and will come about the time someone asks, will it ever end. Thanks a lot. :wink:

Went through Brenham, Texas yesterday and they were still cutting hay and making round bales :) . Given the drought we had during the summer, these weekly showers made the grass get up and go, saving a lot of cattle folks from having to buy winter hay.

not sure how long it will hold, but mother nature has some making up to do yet for October. another beautiful day today :D

I'm finally getting a little break here. My main problem is that the wind hasn't blown the ground clear, and it melted enough to crust. I really wish we'd get a couple 70mph days to get the feed uncovered... this is getting expensive having to feed hay already :shock: :) .

90% chance of thunderstorms tonite and 80 tommorow,figgered it would start this mess after everyone was drougthed out,but I reckon a good rain is needed,fill some tanks and get the creeks to runnin again,besides always did like to hear them rain drops on a tin roof bout bedtime
good luck

NOAA's weatherboys have released their long term December forcast-- and I sure hope they are right:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/30day/

Oldtimer said:
NOAA's weatherboys have released their long term December forcast-- and I sure hope they are right:

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/30day/

their predictions will work for me :D

HAY MAKER said:
90% chance of thunderstorms tonite and 80 tommorow,figgered it would start this mess after everyone was drougthed out,but I reckon a good rain is needed,fill some tanks and get the creeks to runnin again,besides always did like to hear them rain drops on a tin roof bout bedtime
good luck

Haymaker...stayed warm and dry too just long enough for the farmers to get their oats and wheat planted for winter. Now it's gettin' watered in. Maybe it will be a good year for them as well.

TexasBred said:
HAY MAKER said:
good luck

Haymaker...stayed warm and dry too just long enough for the farmers to get their oats and wheat planted for winter. Now it's gettin' watered in. Maybe it will be a good year for them as well.

It probably will be if,the weather forecasts are correct,got 2 1/2 inches here today looks like we are gonna get caught up for the year in the last 2 months..............good luck

I Luv Herfrds said:
Hang onto your hat OT wind is blowing like crazy here again.

Your too late- it already got here... I just got back in from chaining shut one of my walk thru gates to the corral-- that even with 2 heavy springs on it was blowing wide open- and I could just see the little bulls finding it and walking out.... Weather boys say its 35-- gusting to 46-- my meter shows a gust at 50-- and its picking up as the day goes on....

Be a beautiful day if the wind wasn't blowing so bad...Temp is 54, sunny (except for all the blowing dirt)....

Oldtimer said:
I Luv Herfrds said:
Hang onto your hat OT wind is blowing like crazy here again.

Your too late- it already got here... I just got back in from chaining shut one of my walk thru gates to the corral-- that even with 2 heavy springs on it was blowing wide open- and I could just see the little bulls finding it and walking out.... Weather boys say its 35-- gusting to 46-- my meter shows a gust at 50-- and its picking up as the day goes on....

Be a beautiful day if the wind wasn't blowing so bad...Temp is 54, sunny (except for all the blowing dirt)....

Dang wind aint much count,bout all its good for is blowing your hat into a manure pile :mad:
I hope yall dont have a hard winter,weather folks are predicting a wet mild winter here in the south.
good luck

We haven`t had a drop of moisture here in about 3 months, if you don`t count the 1 mm in Sept.. :(

I am scared that next year we will break another drought record, we are supposed to maybe get some snow at the end of the week.. It has been very windy here as well.

gcreekrch said:
How nice, it's raining. :x

On top of 8 inches of snow. :roll:

if it makes you feel any better, we are suppose to be sunny and 60 tomorrow :D why don't you come on down, we'll have plenty of turkey :)

BMR and Justin, you two are just rays of sunshine aren't you? :roll:

Went to check on a bunch of cows at a meadow here at home. Found one old cow killed by wolves and the rest scattered to ---- and gone.

Latest posts