• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How Old do You Look?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Katrina,

For years I thought that those who were 18 to 20 years younger than I, as just kids. Now those "kids" have youngsters with them who are their grand kids, and yes sometime even great grand kids. It is not all just appearance. We do not realize how quickly the generations change.

Clarence,
Boy you said a mouthful there.... My Mom( who is younger than Elvis Presley) asked me to wash her walls this fall. She is super women house cleaner no dust type of gal. And as we were driving down to see them, it dawned on me just how old my folks are. To me Mom is always in her 40s.
I guess with marrying later in life, having children in my late 30s and 40s just throws off the way I look at things and reality... My husband's 25th reunion, his classmates had grandkids as old as our boy. I never went again. It weirded me out.

Reader the second, Is'nt that real white stuff the pits to try and curl??? I just hate it.....But guess I could be like those little purple haired ladies. :???:

my dentist, told me when I was barely a teenager that if I didn't stay out of the sun I'd look like a wrinkled brown paper sack when I got older. You know he was right. After 45 years working outside its no wonder.

when i was young i let my hair grow long and the cowboys wanted to cut it .Now it's all fell out they tell me to put my hat on . Go figure.

My grandmother, who just passed away, was gray at 18. My father was using the guy gray covering stuff (can't think of the name of it now) when he was thirty. Now, he has that beautiful silver color. Looks like h*** on me, since I found my first gray hair at 15. I'm 48 now and keep on colorin' my hair because the silver makes me look so old!!!! Year ago I got my hair cut short, colored it and it took about 10 years off me. I still feel 30, but can't do 30 any more. Oh, well..... :!:

Well, I didn't really dwell too much on the whole getting longer in the tooth thing. (Basically just felt like I was twenty years old with exceptionally creaky knees and back most mornings). :wink:

Then a couple years back my young son asked me "Mom, what DID the dinosaurs REALLY look like... I mean when you were a kid?"

Ugh. Kind of hard to reply when you're busting your gut laughing!

(That and the fact that my now teenaged daughters are convinced that I'm too old to know anything relevant to their well-being.... and figure it's a good thing they finally know everything and keep me on my toes.)

Take care.

You can always tell that young fella, they were older than "dirt" when I was born. :lol:

last week when a friend and I were talking about cars, my son interjected and said that I once had a pinto, and a mustang, after a pause he added ,, "and he rode them both to school". :roll:

Young at heart, old in all the other parts.

Latest posts