• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How soon we tend to forget things !

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rancher

Reaction score
How soon we tend to forget things !

Remember This? We knew or should have known!!!]
Anyone remember this??
It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"

Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore!

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners."

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified.
It was censored in the US from all later reports.

stevec said:
Oliver North? Another "great" American devoid of courage, full of paranoia, and hiding behind a security system. Maybe he gave Cheney tips on how to build undisclosed locations. (Always a good place to hide the truth, cash, and armaments.)

:)

You disgust me! Please tell what you have done that makes you such an authority on bravery and fear. You don't have a clue stevec.

Think before you post.

Just what I want, a leader that will jump into the middle of action and get killed. It would be nice for them to show their bravery whether they be Dem or Rep.

But just imagine the turmoil that would create.

However if you are a member of the hate Bush crowd it doesn't matter. Just some stupid liberal running off at the mouth.

It is even hard to imagine someone coming on here and spouting such stupidity.............I take that back it is possible for these kind to do so.
Remember Osama and Sadam love you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: \

neverforget.jpg

stevec said:
Oliver North? Another "great" American devoid of courage, full of paranoia, and hiding behind a security system. Maybe he gave Cheney tips on how to build undisclosed locations. (Always a good place to hide the truth, cash, and armaments.)

:)

I se you are from Mass. how fitting, perhaps instead of questioning the bravery of a patriot like Ollie North, you should go get Sen. Kennedy another whisky sour. I think you will find him near a bridge and a sunken car.

Latest posts