• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How will I spend all this money????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Red Robin said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Red Robin said:
BMR how does the cost of production compare to here for the cow calf producer? Do you know?

I don't know how close it it is. Probably differs more between some producers then between countries. Generally your land costs are higher but some places are more productive and less winter.
I would have to try and find some studies done here and you find some from your area.
Maybe a good project for us this winter. I'm sure TTB and Hanta could help us out from their areas. :)
Our land prices have sure got out of hand here at least. I remember a post from one of you wool under wearing neighbors to the north that said pick-ups were quite a bit higher. Just curious how much folding money difference there was between the two countries, if any. I'll look around down here and see if I can find any data for Arkanasas. Probably not but I can find something on chickens I bet if you're interested.

With our at "Par" dollar lots of people are looking south at newer used vehicles. They say big savings are to be had.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Red Robin said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
I don't know how close it it is. Probably differs more between some producers then between countries. Generally your land costs are higher but some places are more productive and less winter.
I would have to try and find some studies done here and you find some from your area.
Maybe a good project for us this winter. I'm sure TTB and Hanta could help us out from their areas. :)
Our land prices have sure got out of hand here at least. I remember a post from one of you wool under wearing neighbors to the north that said pick-ups were quite a bit higher. Just curious how much folding money difference there was between the two countries, if any. I'll look around down here and see if I can find any data for Arkanasas. Probably not but I can find something on chickens I bet if you're interested.

With our at "Par" dollar lots of people are looking south at newer used vehicles. They say big savings are to be had.

That's what I am thinking of doing.Don't forget your passport and buy a warranty when you get back...

Here's a publication from the U.of A. for 2006.
http://www.aragriculture.org/livestock/budgets/Cattle/AG970.pdf

It doesn't look too good. I guess they are taking average cost of production across the state. It shows that we lose $110.88 per head. No wonder I don't have any money. :lol:

… The number of cattle in feedlots slumped 22% on quarter and 23% on year to 680,519 in the third quarter, according to a quarterly survey issued Monday by ALFA and marketing concern Meat & Livestock Australia Ltd. …

With this lack of supply--- and the increasing Aussie beef prices in the Asian markets--You'd think there would be a cry for TESTED US and Canadian beef-- if in their "infinite wisdom" our governments" had allowed some of the Packers (Creekstone/etal) that wanted to test, to do so.....

Latest posts