• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How would an unmanned border crossing work?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, Texas (AP) -- The bloody drug war in Mexico shows no sign of relenting. Neither do calls for tighter border security amid rising fears of spillover violence.

This hardly seems a time the U.S. would be willing to allow people to cross the border legally from Mexico without a customs officer in sight. But in this rugged, remote West Texas terrain where wading across the shallow Rio Grande undetected is all too easy, federal authorities are touting a proposal to open an unmanned port of entry as a security upgrade.

By the spring, kiosks could open up in Big Bend National Park allowing people from the tiny Mexican town of Boquillas del Carmen to scan their identity documents and talk to a customs officer in another location, at least 100 miles away.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_UNMANNED_BORDER_CROSSING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2011-12-11-15-14-49

in this rugged, remote West Texas terrain where wading across the shallow Rio Grande undetected is all too easy,

it isn't easy enough.. we should build then a bridge so we don't get sued by the families of those who can't "wade".

all it takes is for on to slip and get hurt and we would be liable.. a bridge would make it safer... just think a bridge between nations.. we could give it a name something that represents PEACE.. the UN bridge.. and have out of work Mexicans living in the US build it so they can have jobs...

and then a little Kiosk so they can cross the border with out getting hassled by the racist border thugs.. yes...
sarcasm.gif
that would be nice
emoticon-0119-puke.gif
vomit-girl-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000651-small.gif
vomit-boy02-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000653-small.gif

seriously is this government really getting that stupid?

Steve said:
in this rugged, remote West Texas terrain where wading across the shallow Rio Grande undetected is all too easy,

it isn't easy enough.. we should build then a bridge so we don't get sued by the families of those who can't "wade".

all it takes is for on to slip and get hurt and we would be liable.. a bridge would make it safer... just think a bridge between nations.. we could give it a name something that represents PEACE.. the UN bridge.. and have out of work Mexicans living in the US build it so they can have jobs...

and then a little Kiosk so they can cross the border with out getting hassled by the racist border thugs.. yes...
sarcasm.gif
that would be nice
emoticon-0119-puke.gif
vomit-girl-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000651-small.gif
vomit-boy02-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000653-small.gif

seriously is this government really getting that stupid?

Getting.......? They started out stupid, Steve, but not enough people noticed before hand.......

Most on Ranchers.net did, and we were called all types of names and had do fend off false accusations etc in doing so.....

For most, they expect it when debating with Dems., that you will have to do so, but we lost a few good posters due to the attacks by the Liberals.

And they don't have the integrity to come back and apologize, so the forum loses.

OT and his "clan" has chased off more people than we know, because of their name calling and false accusations......they are not here for discussion, that is for sure......

Mike said:
Buckwheat says..............................C'mon in! Get ready to vote!!!!! :roll:

Not sure that it is a good idea for his administration to let all the angry Mexicans vote after all the fast and furious business. With more than 30,000 people being killed by the Cartels- I'm sure that most everyone down there was affected in one way or another.

I thought this was a President that was making shovel ready jobs. Surely he wouldn't want an expensive kiosk taking a job from someone?

okfarmer said:
Mike said:
Buckwheat says..............................C'mon in! Get ready to vote!!!!! :roll:

Not sure that it is a good idea for his administration to let all the angry Mexicans vote after all the fast and furious business. With more than 30,000 people being killed by the Cartels- I'm sure that most everyone down there was affected in one way or another.

The Democrats are getting to be known as "those" that want "cheap labour", so they can shuffle off money to their corporate cronies and union bosses......

hypocritexposer said:
okfarmer said:
Mike said:

The Democrats are getting to be known as "those" that want "cheap labour", so they can shuffle off money to their corporate cronies and union bosses......

No kidding, just what % of the American workforce is unionized? I am glad to hear the unions are in favor of cheap labor. That's been their platform throughout history I guess. So are there a lot of union bosses in China, Mexico, India, etc.?

TSR said:
hypocritexposer said:
okfarmer said:

No kidding, just what % of the American workforce is unionized? I am glad to hear the unions are in favor of cheap labor. That's been their platform throughout history I guess. So are there a lot of union bosses in China, Mexico, India, etc.?

Why are you worried about other Countries? Is the union you belong to, representing workers in those other Countries you mentioned? Are the leaders of those unions getting "rich" on the dues paid by those workers too?

"Workers of the World unite" :???:

Latest posts