• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How's Haying?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I got lucky tonight as lightening hit a stack of close to 700 last year bales of mine close to Big Beaver. The neighbors saw it and called. I was 40 miles away the other side of the ranch but Tam, Britt and Dad went up and the neighbors had a tractor and water tank there so pull out 8 bales and that's all that burned. I made it home but had my brother in law with his broken leg and his 3 yr old grandson so I let Tam and my son got up there so they handled it.
Headed up there now with more water to make sure it's out.

that was CLOSE..... one of the reasons that i spread my stacks around a little. that and i can't keep up to the baler with the wagon if i have to haul very far :wink: we also have a lot of "partyiers" and other forms of tresspasser's that you can never tell when they might throw out a butt or whatever. kinda a don't keep all the egg's in one basket deal

Glad it worked out for you :D

hayguy said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
I got lucky tonight as lightening hit a stack of close to 700 last year bales of mine close to Big Beaver. The neighbors saw it and called. I was 40 miles away the other side of the ranch but Tam, Britt and Dad went up and the neighbors had a tractor and water tank there so pull out 8 bales and that's all that burned. I made it home but had my brother in law with his broken leg and his 3 yr old grandson so I let Tam and my son got up there so they handled it.
Headed up there now with more water to make sure it's out.

that was CLOSE..... one of the reasons that i spread my stacks around a little. that and i can't keep up to the baler with the wagon if i have to haul very far :wink: we also have a lot of "partyiers" and other forms of tresspasser's that you can never tell when they might throw out a butt or whatever. kinda a don't keep all the egg's in one basket deal

Glad it worked out for you :D

That's why these 700 were rowed up at town as I didn't want all my bales in the yard at home until I needed them. :)

Latest posts