• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Human-animal hybrids....no kidding

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redrobin

Reaction score
150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for the past three years

By DANIEL MARTIN and SIMON CALDWELL - The Daily Mail (UK)

Last updated at 12:42 AM on 23rd July 2011

Scientists have created more than 150 human-animal hybrid embryos in British laboratories.

The hybrids have been produced secretively over the past three years by researchers looking into possible cures for a wide range of diseases.

The revelation comes just a day after a committee of scientists warned of a nightmare 'Planet of the Apes' scenario in which work on human-animal creations goes too far.

Last night a campaigner against the excesses of medical research said he was disgusted that scientists were 'dabbling in the grotesque'.

Figures seen by the Daily Mail show that 155 'admixed' embryos, containing both human and animal genetic material, have been created since the introduction of the 2008 Human Fertilisation Embryology Act.

This legalised the creation of a variety of hybrids, including an animal egg fertilised by a human sperm; 'cybrids', in which a human nucleus is implanted into an animal cell; and 'chimeras', in which human cells are mixed with animal embryos.

Scientists say the techniques can be used to develop embryonic stem cells which can be used to treat a range of incurable illnesses.

Three labs in the UK – at King's College London, Newcastle University and Warwick University – were granted licences to carry out the research after the Act came into force.

All have now stopped creating hybrid embryos due to a lack of funding, but scientists believe that there will be more such work in the future.

The figure was revealed to crossbench peer Lord Alton following a Parliamentary question.

Last night he said: 'I argued in Parliament against the creation of human- animal hybrids as a matter of principle. None of the scientists who appeared before us could give us any justification in terms of treatment.

'Ethically it can never be justifiable – it discredits us as a country. It is dabbling in the grotesque.

'At every stage the justification from scientists has been: if only you allow us to do this, we will find cures for every illness known to mankind. This is emotional blackmail.

'Of the 80 treatments and cures which have come about from stem cells, all have come from adult stem cells – not embryonic ones.

'On moral and ethical grounds this fails; and on scientific and medical ones too.'

Josephine Quintavalle, of pro-life group Comment on Reproductive Ethics, said: 'I am aghast that this is going on and we didn't know anything about it.

'Why have they kept this a secret? If they are proud of what they are doing, why do we need to ask Parliamentary questions for this to come to light?

'The problem with many scientists is that they want to do things because they want to experiment. That is not a good enough rationale.'

Earlier this week, a group of leading scientists warned about 'Planet of the Apes' experiments. They called for new rules to prevent lab animals being given human attributes, for example by injecting human stem cells into the brains of primates...

ya know I wonder just how bad were Sodom and Gomorrah before God decided they were just too evil and wiped them totally off the face of the earth? are we there yet? :mad:

Sorry Redrobin. Didn't mean to belittle or hijack your post.

I used to listen to an old man many years ago talking about how a sin it was to breed for mules.

He said it was against the natural law of God. I've thought about that many times.

Are people who have children outside their race........hybridizing?

Animals & humans are taking it way too far, even under the guise of medicine.

Larrry said:
Where does it all end. Where is the line that we shouldn't cross

That's not for one person to say. Only society as a whole can answer that.

That was my point about the mule.

Yes and it looks as though society is defining their line easier and easier to cross. Just as the entrepreneur is accepted by so many

Mike said:
Larrry said:

the mule is a good point to stop at...

but what many do not know about British medical research is how it is funded.. by British National Heath (their version of Obama care )

so instead of funding new clinics and outpatient care or even an MRI, they fund this worthless research..

and I imagine our new Obamacare will fund research as well..

Mike said:

I used to listen to an old man many years ago talking about how a sin it was to breed for mules.

He said it was against the natural law of God. I've thought about that many times.

I am starting to think the old man was right. Society really can't decide independently what's right and wrong. Only God can do that. Just because society permits it doesn't make it right. Just laws should be based on the laws clearly laid out in the Bible.

Lonecowboy said:
ya know I wonder just how bad were Sodom and Gomorrah before God decided they were just too evil and wiped them totally off the face of the earth? are we there yet? :mad:

No but we're here.

Isa 59:1 ¶ Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
Isa 59:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid [his] face from you, that he will not hear. Isa 59:3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.
Isa 59:4 None calleth for justice, nor [any] pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity. Isa 59:5 They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.
Isa 59:6 Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works [are] works of iniquity, and the act of violence [is] in their hands.
Isa 59:7 Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts [are] thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction [are] in their paths.
Isa 59:8 The way of peace they know not; and [there is] no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.
Isa 59:9 ¶ Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, [but] we walk in darkness.
Isa 59:10 We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if [we had] no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; [we are] in desolate places as dead [men].
Isa 59:11 We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but [there is] none; for salvation, [but] it is far off from us.
Isa 59:12 For our transgressions are multiplied before thee, and our sins testify against us: for our transgressions [are] with us; and [as for] our iniquities, we know them;
Isa 59:13 In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
Isa 59:14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
Isa 59:15 Yea, truth faileth; and he [that] departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw [it], and it displeased him that [there was] no judgment.

Steve said:
Mike said:
Larrry said:

the mule is a good point to stop at...

but what many do not know about British medical research is how it is funded.. by British National Heath (their version of Obama care )

so instead of funding new clinics and outpatient care or even an MRI, they fund this worthless research..

and I imagine our new Obamacare will fund research as well..

I may be wrong, but I think you'll find that NHS is not the only source of funding for medical research in the UK. I believe their system is similar to ours, where much medical research is done at universities / university hospitals with a variety of funding sources including charities, foundations, private investment, and tax dollars (not directly from the NHS). Even in the US, near as I can tell, about 36% of medical research funding is from gov't tax dollars.

Mike said:

Mike, what we call race is differences in phenotypes of the same species. If not, a person of mixed races would be sterile. Based on your argument, ethically it would be wrong to breed an angus and a herford.

You need to realize there is more that comprises a human than the genes they were born with.

okfarmer said:
Mike said:

Mike, what we call race is differences in phenotypes of the same species. If not, a person of mixed races would be sterile. Based on your argument, ethically it would be wrong to breed an angus and a herford.

You need to realize there is more that comprises a human than the genes they were born with.

I don't really have a dog in this hunt. Just relaying that how far we go with crossing animals and humans should/could either be God's decision through humans and that depends on society's outlook.

But, when breeding a German Shepherd to a Coyote, the result will be sterile from being a hybrid. They are the same species?

Yep, it's bad. Alex Jones thinks it's like a greater threat to mankind than nuclear war.

http://www.infowars.com/part-humanpart-animal-hybrid-monsters-created-by-scientists-all-over-the-planet/

Different species. Sterility is a crude test for evaluating if they are of the same species.

Coyote is Canis latrans

Dog is Canis lupus

Same as a donkey x horse, or buffalo x cow, or tiger x lion.

Latest posts