• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Huma's brother's dear born mi house was raided

Help Support Ranchers.net:

iwannabeacowboy

Reaction score
Won't hear of it in msm

It is where she went when she disappeared for a bit back when the crap hit the fan. House was under an shell company.

Early reports, its where she stashed some files.

There goes her "insurance policy"

it seems the story may not be entirely true,...

Michigan home raided by FBI in operation described as national security issue.

FBI agents raided a Michigan home Thursday night in an operation described as a matter of national security.

The operation took place in Dearborn and the scene was cleared before midnight, Fox 2 reported.

The operation stemmed from an incident that occurred out of state, the Detroit Free Press added, reporting that investigators tracked the suspects to the area. Law enforcement officials from multiple regions were on the scene.

At the request of the FBI the media was intentionally ambiguous as to the nature of the raid leading to some speculative reporting.

In the aftermath of the raid some details have emerged. The house raided was occupied by Samer ElDebek, a Lebanese American truck driver with ties to New York.

According to Arab-American News ElDebek lived in New York and left for Lebanon approximately 8 years ago. He returned to the U.S., and after a time back in New York he relocated to Dearborn about 10 months ago. The search warrant was issued by a federal judge in New York and states the purpose of the warrant for "explosive materials and/or a manual of how to make them".

Agents removed boxes containing 90 sparkling birthday candles and several boxes of "Grizzly Shot" fireworks. In addition the FBI seized phones, an iPad and Samer ElDebek's passport.

The family said the high-powered fireworks did not belong to him, but rather to a neighbor who they share a garage with. Mr. Samer ElDebek is scheduled for arraignment tomorrow, June 5th, in New York.

Seems a bit suspicious, agents from New York, for some sparkling candles?

Conservative tree house had that article. They are decent, but the Detroit paper refutes some of their thoughts:

10 Videos
PLAYLIST | Today's top stories
WAYNE
FBI raid in Dearborn involves national security, but not a planned terror attack
Facebook
Twitter
Email
Aa
_
+
Tresa Baldas and Robert Allen | Detroit Free Press
Updated 8:20 p.m. ET June 2, 2017
A late-night FBI raid in Dearborn involves a national security issue, but it's not about a planned terrorist attack or explosives or anyone locally, the Free Press has learned.

According to a source familiar with the operation , the Thursday raid at a house in Dearborn appears to have nothing to do with metro Detroit or the young adult male who lives in house that was raided. That person was not in the home at the time of the raid and no charges are imminent, the source said, noting it is not clear whether that person has been detained by authorities.

A Dearborn home on the 7200 block of Jonathon Street in Dearborn, pictured here June 2, 2017, was ...more
Robert Allen/DFP
According to multiple sources, the FBI in Detroit is working with the FBI in another state about a national security issue.
For ex-FBI chief Andy Arena, who was the former head of terrorism operations in Detroit, national security means one of two things:

A Dearborn home on the 7200 block of Jonathon Street in Dearborn, pictured here June 2, 2017, was ...more
Robert Allen/DFP
"It tells me it's either a terrorism case, or B, an espionage spying case," Arena said, noting if it were an explosives case, the raid would have involved bomb-sniffing dogs and nearby neighbors would have been evacuated.
Neither of those things happened, which, for Arena, suggests they went looking for the following:
"They likely went in there looking for people or records or computers, cell phones, iPhones, those types of things," Arena said. "What they're doing now is they are looking at what they took from there — the people, the evidence — and they're trying to decipher it. 'Where does it fit?' "

The theory I posted, looks like it came from an anonymous video for whatever that means. I originally thought it to be a different source.

iwannabeacowboy said:
Conservative tree house had that article. They are decent, but the Detroit paper refutes some of their thoughts

The theory I posted, looks like it came from an anonymous video for whatever that means. I originally thought it to be a different source.

I find the conservative tree house tends to be more accurate and more informative in the end then most mainstream media sources.
It would be nice if the mainstream media actually investigated and reported more on these situations. Until then the internet citizen journalists will just need to do research and try to be honest and informative.

Might we be better served by not getting so much information so early on in such investigations? I'm not sure 'chasing fire engines,' so to speak, gains us more accurate information, or just spreads more fear.

I would rather not hear quite so much so early.....and have it end up being more thorough and accurate. And less speculation and more facts would be nice. Not saying that's the case here, but overall 'news' gathering seems to be affected by that 'syndrome', imo.

mrj

mrj said:
Might we be better served by not getting so much information so early on in such investigations? I'm not sure 'chasing fire engines,' so to speak, gains us more accurate information, or just spreads more fear.

I would rather not hear quite so much so early.....and have it end up being more thorough and accurate. And less speculation and more facts would be nice. Not saying that's the case here, but overall 'news' gathering seems to be affected by that 'syndrome', imo.

mrj

I agree, the original story was not accurate in it's assumptions, and that gives the left ammunition in their quest to make it look like most rightwing commentary is fake news. It is why I try to check and verify sources before I comment. But I find when there is little information, there is always rampant speculation, as was the case in this story. Had the mainstream media reported on it, the speculation would not have gained any traction.

I do wonder how a person can come over here, live a few years, leave for eight and then just return. Who is minding the store?

Latest posts