• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Humble branding pictures of the day, April 26, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

[/quote]
Guess we are back to being cowboys instead of cattlemen. We had a family meeting, all three of us, and decided we like our calf traps and horses better than the calf table. Peach cleaned up the table with soap and water, and we turned it back to the dealer along with the pre-agreed rental fee. I had decided to try the calf cradle for two reasons: hopefully it would make life easier for my dear vaccinator wife; and because it would be easy for just the three of us to brand. After giving it a good try for one day, Peach said she preferred the calf's neck being on the ground as it is when the calf has been secured with the calf trap gizmo. And then yesterday, just the three of us branded 121 calves by dragging them with horses and securing them on the calf traps. When using the table, it took an average of two minutes per calf. With the calf trap, it took a little longer (two and a fourth minutes per calf), but we had a lot more fun and enjoyment in accomplishing the task.[/quote]

IMHOP I prefer the ropeing picture's!! Looking forward to see'ing lot's more :D :D

Soapweed you made my day-I had a share in a calf roper table years ago when we winter calved but I just quit using it. I might get one of those wheel deals built and give it a try-I'm in new country with this new job so not sure how big a branding crew I can find. Ty is sorting cows into breeding groups as we calve-so I can test drive it. Can you rope off your saddle mule to semiquote Ian Tyson-I'm looking for 'One good horse or mule with a good fitting saddle that's easy on the back'. All my mares I usually ride are replicating this spring.

Northern Rancher said:
Soapweed you made my day-I had a share in a calf roper table years ago when we winter calved but I just quit using it. I might get one of those wheel deals built and give it a try-I'm in new country with this new job so not sure how big a branding crew I can find. Ty is sorting cows into breeding groups as we calve-so I can test drive it. Can you rope off your saddle mule to semiquote Ian Tyson-I'm looking for 'One good horse or mule with a good fitting saddle that's easy on the back'. All my mares I usually ride are replicating this spring.

I can't, but you probably could. :) He is for sale. :wink:

Latest posts