• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hunting rifle??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Well, since its so close to elk season for me, It's time to look at getting a rifle. I decided to go with the .308, for tradition (everyone has one in the family)And Im looking at rifle MODELS. We should be going to the city saturday so I need feedback ASAP. And I would prefer if ti would be new. I heard Tikka T-3, and a Browning A-Bolt. Any others?

The 700 is a hard gun to beat for the bucks involved in buying them... I am a bit predjuidiced as I have a 700 BDL in 30-06 that I just love... Would love to by a weatherby or a Sako but I don't have the money for them at the moment.

I have a tikka t-3. great gun. not too bad on your checkbook either. seem to kick a little harder i think mostly due to the fact that they are fairly light. put a limbsaver on it and you should be good to go. Scheels in rapid city sd sells them for around $525 i believe.

I believe its around $60 or so. I bought a 300 win mag, and it was a plastic clip that would only hold three shells. my brother bought the same rifle in a 25-06. I think that one would hold 4??? (The sakos have a metal clip) I have had experiences with the clip falling out before. Most likely from it being my own fault. I have made this comment on a similar thread, I am not a fan of rifles with clips at all. I would much rather have a hinged foreplate. However I am a huge fan of how the rifle shoots. Hope this helps. Maybe more than you wanted :wink:

I want something with a 4-shot clip... do not like the hinged floorplates, cause ya never know... when youre coyote hunting in my backyard, and pickup picks ya up, to reload a clip on the go is alot easier... a cousin got one with the floorplate, and I detest it. lol.

Any more experiences would be appreciated

Latest posts