• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hurricane update..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Steve

Reaction score
if you see a guy sitting on a bridge in New Jersey with a "save me" sign.. it isn't me..

:)

mandatory evacuation as of tonight.. we have to be off the island by noon on Friday..

I was in Lowes today to get some 2X4s to hold up my shop,.. the line of people buying generators was like a little train.. the line to get gas was even longer.. thankfully I didn't have to stand in either..

I would like to stay around and post some photos, but I would like to stay around a bit longer.. :lol:

Head West and keep your head low. We will all be praying for your home to survive for you to return to.

Stay safe, sending prayers.

The people I am worried about are those who are staying put....wow they really dont get it. What happens if they get a good hit and there is no power for a week? Can any of yall get at least 3 days food in a small basket from the store? I know I cant .....

Theydontgetit.jpg

So NOW you listen to the gov't..

:???: :???: :???:

Question: When this passes, should the gov't come in and help rebuild and use tax money to do so....or just let the folks manage no their own?

You'd say a lot of money NOT running in and picking up .

Funny how this hurricane will hit pretty much in Tea Party Country......

jingo2 said:

Question: When this passes, should the gov't come in and help rebuild and use tax money to do so....or just let the folks manage no their own?

Who rattled your cage?

Larrry said:
jingo2 said:

Who rattled your cage?

It's an honest question.

Should the gov't help out, for a natural incident not of it's making, and spend all that money on people who could prob help themselves out?

Answer the question instead of getting all hessed up

jingo2 said:
Larrry said:
jingo2 said:

Who rattled your cage?

It's an honest question.

Should the gov't help out, for a natural incident not of it's making, and spend all that money on people who could prob help themselves out?

You were the one all ragged up.

Will obama miss a round of golf?

Nah larry he will hop on """OUR""" jet or ""our BUS""and go on the campaign
trail, passing thru GEORGIA to get some Starbucks and pick up some trash!
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'll bet him and the old lady will have to take different busses. So when he goes on these bus trips who does he make ride in the back of the bus. I heard kola is available.

jingo2 said:
Larrry said:
jingo2 said:

Who rattled your cage?

It's an honest question.

"Waters of the United States or waters of the U.S. means:
(a) All waters which are currently used, were used in the past, or may be susceptible to use in interstate or foreign commerce, including all waters which are subject to the ebb and flow of the tide;
(b) All interstate waters, including interstate "wetlands;"
(c) All other waters such as intrastate lakes, rivers, streams(including intermittent streams), mudflats, sandflats, "wetlands," sloughs, prairie potholes, wet meadows, playa lakes, or natural ponds the use, degradation, or destruction of which would affect or could affect interstate or foreign commerce including any such waters:
(1) Which are or could be used by interstate or foreign travelers for recreational or other purposes;
(2) From which fish or shellfish are or could be taken and sold in interstate or foreign commerce; or
(3) Which are used or could be used for industrial purposes by industries in interstate commerce;
(d) All impoundments of waters otherwise defined as waters of the United States under this definition;
(e) Tributaries of waters identified in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this definition;
(f) The territorial sea; and
(g) "Wetlands" adjacent to waters (other than waters that are themselves wetlands) identified in paragraphs (a) through (f) of this definition;"

IMO, yes, the federal government should provide financial help to these areas. The federal government regulates with a very tight iron fist, its citizens' and its states' uses of these waters. The federal government benefits from commerce on its oceans and bays.

"The Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water (OGWDW), together with states, tribes, and its many partners, protects public health by ensuring safe drinking water and protecting ground water. OGWDW, along with EPA's ten regional drinking water programs, oversees implementation of the Safe Drinking Water Act, which is the national law safeguarding tap water in America."

"The Oceans and Coastal Protection Division envisions clean and safe oceans and coasts that sustain human health, the environment, and the economy."

These are just 2 of the divisions in the EPA that regulate the Clean Water Act. So, since the EPA (fed) is in charge of the US's clean water, I think the federal government better be there to help keep its waters safe. Or else fine the everloving hell out of God or Mother Nature. Maybe some jail time for good measure.

ETA that I copied and pasted the quotes from the EPA's CWA web page.

With all that said, in which you are correct, why did people go crazy when help was sent to New Orleans for Katrina???

I can only think of one reason

I guess I don't remember things to well. but wasn't there more complaints that Bush didn't do enought then about what help that was given.

I hope it that was doesn't get that bad this time, but Obama will be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

jingo2 said:
With all that said, in which you are correct, why did people go crazy when help was sent to New Orleans for Katrina???

I can only think of one reason

You really shouldn't think kolo=jingo=lulu=allie, it confuses the rest of your body :wink:

But enlighten us what that ONE reasin might be :roll: :roll: :roll:

jingo2 said:

That is a very interesting question..We ran into it up here this year with all the flooding... Area was declared a disaster- so FEMA is in offering assistance...Grant money for governments (city/county) to rebuild infrastructure (roads/bridges/dikes)... Most of what was offered here for individuals was in Federal guaranteed loans ...

I had no damage to buildings - mostly inconvenience/stress--but I also had shelled out the coin for flood insurance- which it turns out I didn't need...One neighbor totally lost house- but had insurance too-- so will get paid to get a new house ( and two days ago while doing cleanup ended up being flown to Billings with a heart attack) ... But a lot of folks had no flood insurance since their areas had never flooded before and now have major damage....

Then look at Minot... 2,000+ homes were under water... I heard FEMA is in there helping them- but not paying for any (or very little) for cleanup/rebuilding for individuals there either- just supplying temporary housing and giving loans to rebuild...

So the question is- should those without insurance get the same assistance as those that did have insurance... :???:

jingo2 said:

If you haven't figured it out by now, the whole country is pretty much "Tea Party Country"

:lol: :lol:

Latest posts