• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I guess we have started too

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
Due date is Mar. 10, but apparently we are underway. Had a heifer deliver a set of dead twins in the night and a cow managed to get on her back and expire.
So it begins! :shock: :lol:

Cows are cheap, just buy some more. :D

For the heifer you could try to pick up a $500 bummer, could be a bit of a profit in that......if it lives. :wink:

I feel your pain, been there and done that. My dad always told me that a bad start makes for a good end. Hope your luck gets better..........

i've heard from a few in this neck of the woods that there are alot of early calvers so far. some groups of heifers 75% calved out by their due date. with the nice winter we've had, i'm guessing nutrition has alot to do with it. maybe i'm wrong............

No, no, no Silver, I told you I had all losses covered already... I had the dead twins 10 days ago, and a dead cow this week. You should be fine from here on out :wink: .

Well that wasn't a good birthday present :( Hope the rest of your birthday was better!

calf(it alive) yesterday and a lamb this morning, dang 2 year old she had it right in the big door in back of a old flat milk barn. we tube the lamb tried to get her in the barn and up front so we could jug her, decided to take the lamb home to warm.... it was just too chilled. dang Ran escape back in Oct. and ten a 2 year old that didn't lamb as a yearling. grrrr rough start

Latest posts