• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I hate texans (sometimes)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

C-E

Reaction score
We raise akc registered australian cattle dog and I had a lady that e-mailed me and wanted a red female. When I told her they do have natural tails (as the breed standard requires) she threw a god awful fit and told me she used to live on a ranch in Texas and the only heeler she ever saw with a tail came from out of state.
Anyway guess I learned that you have to be from Texas to know anything about cattle, cattle dogs, or ranching.

Well....I haven't seen any heelers born without tails. They don't usually get to keep them long because breeders dock em right away.

And ya don't hafta be from Texas to know all that.....you just got hold of a 'good'n" :wink:

I understand some people just don't want tails and dock them. I also have australian shepherds and I do dock their tails. But our heelers keep they're tails. I just couldn't believe when this lady started in with how she knew everything cause she was from Texas.

It sure doesn't take them long to get big. Would love to see an update on Turbo.

We still have 2 red males and 2 red females. If you know anyone interested. $100 without papers $250 with akc papers. THEY DO HAVE TAILS. lol Last years litter went to working homes in Iowa and all but one of the litter before that went to Texas :roll:

Latest posts