• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I still can't

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Doug Thorson

Reaction score
030-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

I still can't raise an even set of bulls, any ideas? :) :)

Do ton's of AI'ING to all different sires that will shake them up and down :wink:

Are you marketing them thru the Bull Days again we've been thinking that option over here.

Another Question what are you growing them on were useing shell corn dried distillars and hay right now suppose to be feeding silage but being I own a John Deere Skidloader thats not happening :mad: :mad:

The only way to even that pen up is to get a bit longer trough so you can get the same number on either side. Oh and the big Angus calf that gcreek mentioned would have to be standing in a slight depression. :roll: If only I could get my calf crop that uneven. :wink:

Had a guy tell me one time not to cut the bottom end of bulls as it makes the top end worth more :shock:

The most even and best set of bulls was the hardest to sell because you couldn't just walk in and pick out the best ones.

I think, if you use different bulls, you will always have the ups and downs. Even if the same bull is used onall the cows,in my experiences, you will still have the diffrent types of critters, due to the different type of genetis of the cows.A little too much white, for me, but they look good . Only other thing one could do is to raise about 250 bulls and then you could sort for the most evenset of bulls you want. :)

Thanks for all the advice. I guess I could cut the big one, after all the grass calf market is so high I might not be able to sell those "grow fast calves" :lol: :lol:

Latest posts