• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ice Fountain

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Robert

Reaction score
This fall my father added a few hundred extra feet of pipe to the overflow pipe on our artesian well so that it reached to behind one of our dugouts instead of flowing all the way. Then he placed a steel fence post in and tied the pipe to it and "necked" the 1.5 inch pipe down to a hole about the size of a pencil eraser or a little smaller. It had some good pressure so the stream was shooting about 15 to 20 foot in the air, now with the cold snap we have had for the last week it has been really growing and I would guess it is about 12 foot tall now and around 4 ft at the base.

if you want to go to my storage site I have some pictures that I didn't resize so you can really zoom in and see the texture of the ice. but be warned the file size is huge. High speed connection only for the big ones but there are a couple resized ones that I didn't put in this post

Ice folder

resized002.JPG

resized009.JPG

resized014.JPG

resized015.JPG

resized017.JPG

resized018.JPG

resized019.JPG

Actually I have some red and blue dye for the marker on the sprayer that i was thinking about injecting into the line up above and see if I could get some colored layers 8)

Really neat pictures Robert,thx for posting them..... :)

I think the colour is a neat idea,post those pics too.

Now that's neat!

Yeah, man....throw that marker dye in there and see what ya get!!

That is beautiful. How about a spotlight at night on it, too?

there are too many neat ideas to try on Ranchers...humm, now where would I find an artesian well...

nonrancher said:
That is beautiful. How about a spotlight at night on it, too?

there are too many neat ideas to try on Ranchers...humm, now where would I find an artesian well...

Yep-- dye and a spotlight-- then need to name it Old Faithless or something like that and start charging the greenies to come see the natural wonder... :wink: :lol:

There are some handy little solar powered spot lights available now. I got one a few months ago for less than $30.00 for two at Shopko.

Don't having anything nearly that impressive to light up right now. Plan was to use it to light a flag, and have been testing it to see how many hours it will run. I just won't fly it at night if I can't do it right....and know I won't always be able to get it down at night, so only fly it on special occasions.

It does look like this light is going to last the whole night. Now just have to get it all put together.....and hope it doesn't get stolen.....like it did several years ago. That probably was just an odd deal, because fortunately it is very rare for anything to get stolen in this community.

mrj

Latest posts