• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

If we didn't have a war going on

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
The liberal media, democrats and the extreme left would have some other reason for their virulent hatred of George Bush.

I don't think that I have ever seen such abiding hatred for a president. If 9/11 had not ocurred and there were no war going one, they would find some other reason to hate our president.

I am not a real fan of Bush though I voted for him both times. No alternative, really.

As long as all the liberal left, democrats and others who think this way focus their hatred on the president and offer no alternatives, the Republicans will have the inside track to keep the White House.

I can remember Truman, Kennedy, LBJ, Carter and yes, FDR. Some of these men were men of vision and compassion with considerable administrative skills.

Where would you find a Democrat today who could make such a claim.
T. Kennedy, Biden, Boxer, Clinton?

Yeah, sure.

I completely agree with your statements. That's something Disagreeable doesn't get - just because someone believes we need to finish this war right doesn't mean they're a member of the Bush fan club, a die-hard GOP fanatic, or "cheers on the sidelines as Americans die." (which is one of his favorite retorts, right next to "go join the army.")

Cowpuncher said:
The liberal media, democrats and the extreme left would have some other reason for their virulent hatred of George Bush.

I don't think that I have ever seen such abiding hatred for a president. If 9/11 had not ocurred and there were no war going one, they would find some other reason to hate our president.

I am not a real fan of Bush though I voted for him both times. No alternative, really.

As long as all the liberal left, democrats and others who think this way focus their hatred on the president and offer no alternatives, the Republicans will have the inside track to keep the White House.

I can remember Truman, Kennedy, LBJ, Carter and yes, FDR. Some of these men were men of vision and compassion with considerable administrative skills.

Yeah, sure.

Don't you remember the Clinton years? The Republicans hated him just as much as the Democrats hate Bush today. Rush spent three hours every day for eight years trashing Clinton. The more things change the more they stay the same.

SDSteve said:
Cowpuncher said:

Yeah, sure.

Don't you remember the Clinton years? The Republicans hated him just as much as the Democrats hate Bush today. Rush spent three hours every day for eight years trashing Clinton. The more things change the more they stay the same.

That's true, to a degree, but at least Republicans didn't makes asses of themselves like today's Bush-haters. (Burning him in effigy, creating posters of his head w/ little hitler mustaches, etc.) I suppose liberals just have more time on their hands to do that sort of thing, though. When I look at the protesters, most look unemployed and underwashed.

I know people now days that want Bush out....................they hate him, and I meen HATE.

In the Clinton years I knew people that wanted Clinton out, not because they hated him, they thought he was a joke(laughing stock etc) They didn't protest, they carried on with their everyday lives.

There was and is a difference, even though a lot of the hatred now is just REVENGE

I think I asked this question before and don't think I got an answer.

Does anyone know a real dyed in the wool liberal who doesn't get a paycheck from the government, in one form or another?

I agree about getting the next president from the conservative side, tho' I'm ready to vote Libertarian or Independent!

Horseman said:
Jinglebob said:
I think I asked this question before and don't think I got an answer.

Does anyone know a real dyed in the wool liberal who doesn't get a paycheck from the government, in one form or another?

I don't know one Republican Farmer who doesn't.

That doesn't answer the question.

I wonder if there are any Democrat or Independent Farmers who don't? Kind'a goes with the name and the game. :lol:

Cowpuncher said:

Yeah, sure.

Now you've done it ,Cowpuncher, you've included one of the most hated Dems (short of Clinton) in your statement about men of vision, compassion and administrative skills, namely Jimmy Carter. I just had to post this even before I read some of the responses. You must be fairly new to this site. Enjoy it,its fun!

Latest posts