• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

If you could pick

Help Support Ranchers.net:

tumbleweed_texn

Reaction score
a candidate to run for the R's, who would it be and why? None of the current candidates seem to have a majority support around here, so lets here some alternatives. The front runner seems to change from week to week as most republicans cant seem to find the least despicable one. We have McCain wannabes, people that cant even get on a states ballot, far-right idealogues wearing blinders and then the rest who dont have a snowballs chance. Who is out there that could actually do the job but isnt running?

a cross between Ronald Reagan, Ron Paul, Sarah Palin, and Glen Beck would be nice ,with a dash of a good Conservative/Constitutional judge thrown in..

but like most I haven't seen a ideal candidate, one who will inspire, lead, and at least try to follow the Constitution,.. and be able to explain their decision to the American public in a matter of fact way that most could understand.. without politicizing every issue..

what we do not need is another liberal republican, a second Obama term,

Steve said:
a cross between Ronald Reagan, Ron Paul, Sarah Palin, and Glen Beck would be nice ,with a dash of a good Conservative/Constitutional judge thrown in..

but like most I haven't seen a ideal candidate, one who will inspire, lead, and at least try to follow the Constitution,.. and be able to explain their decision to the American public in a matter of fact way that most could understand.. without politicizing every issue..

Judge Andrew Napolitana?? :D

Lonecowboy said:
Steve said:

Judge Andrew Napolitana?? :D

while I am not sure about his judicial record, I do like the way the judge explains the law, and how it applies to the Constitution.

he is considered pro life conservative libertarian..
Judge Napolitano is the youngest life-tenured Superior Court judge in the history of the State of New Jersey. While on the bench from 1987-95, he tried over 150 jury trials, and sat in all parts of the Superior Court — Criminal, Civil, Equity and Family.

For 11 years, he served as an adjunct professor at Seton Hall Law School, where he taught constitutional law and jurisprudence.

As I sit back and look at the current crop of polticians on both sides, I think that if this is the best and brightest that America has to offer, we are in sad shape. The R's cant seem to find a wellrounded candidate for the life of them. It's almost as if they dont have the mental capacity to be knowledgable on more than one or two subjects. The D's are no better. Take from him and give to them, seems to be their mantra.

I voted for a liberal republican last time because there was'nt any choice, but I refuse to this time. Even if my vote is for naught I refuse to support an establishment that goes against my beliefs. Perhaps it is time for a third party.

Voting for a candidate for public office should be about choosing the best person for the job. Not figuring out who will hurt the country least or who is the lesser of two evils.

Remember, in this old world there is only one guy to match your ideals. Everyone else is a compromise. Just hope we don't have to compromise too much.

That's what I'm afraid of Larry. We were forced into compromise last time. If the so called conservative party insist on pushing me into a compromise with someone who is about as far away from my ideals as the dems are, then I will start giving my vote to a third party candidate. It wont make a bit of difference but atleast I'll be able to sleep knowing that I didnt condone their actions. Perhaps if enough people started voting third party in protest, maybe the R's would pull their heads out and start promoting a worthwhile candidate with a strong moral foundation and upright convictions. As long as we give in and compromise they wont change their tactics and it wont get better.

A third party really has no chance, but how else does a person still participate without caving to their ineptitude? I wonder if the Tea Party didnt make a mistake by allowing the republicans to align themselves with them. Yes they have some big names attached to their movement, but those same names are also sporting a capitol r by their names. It seems now that their is more distance between the Tea Party and the mainstream GOP than there is between the Republicans and Democrats. Am I way off base here?

I started this thread because I was curious to everyone else's opinion. I truely dont know who I would choose if I could. Wyoming is a fairly conservative state, but after voting to raise the debt ceiling again, I wouldnt endorse either of our senators and I sure wouldnt back Cynthia Lummis. Sen. Enzi from right here in Gillette seems to become one of the old guard now and basically falls in line with the establishment. Our fearless leaders have lost all touch with reality and everyday life. It's time the American people took the glamour out of politics. Politicians have more of an entitlement complex than any other demographic in this country.

Tex

The US is one, if not 2 elections away from a viable 3rd party candidate......the US might even be close to collapse, or collapsed, before the citizens demand a 3rd party.....

I wonder if the Tea Party didnt make a mistake by allowing the republicans to align themselves with them. Yes they have some big names attached to their movement, but those same names are also sporting a capitol r by their names. It seems now that their is more distance between the Tea Party and the mainstream GOP than there is between the Republicans and Democrats. Am I way off base here?

the Tea Party was for the most part conservatives, wanting more fiscal conservatism, and more efforts to follow the Constitution.. and favored states rights..

then along came the new leaders.. for some reason they looked about the same as the old leaders.. and now many who supported the ideals of the tea party are asking the same questions you are asking... who put those guys back in charge?

If the tea party expects to change anything they must find viable candidates to challenge incumbents in the primaries.. but few politicians with any brains have the guts to buck the party leadership..

I still believe in the ideals of the Tea Party, but as with most am disillusioned with the politics.. I am glad the new freshmen are at least trying to shake up the old guard.. not that change ever comes to DC, but with constant challenges to the status quo, some progress might be seen..

I voted for a liberal republican last time because there was'nt any choice, but I refuse to this time. Even if my vote is for naught I refuse to support an establishment that goes against my beliefs. Perhaps it is time for a third party.

what is really sad is that in the last presidential election, I would have supported Romney, as he was a better choice then McCain,.. but now he looks like he is about the same..

I know if I was living in VA and only had a choice of Romney or Paul,.. I would vote for Paul just to scare the crap out of the republican leadership.. :lol:

and as frustrated as most conservatives are with the way our country is going, Paul may have a good chance..

Steve said:
I wonder if the Tea Party didnt make a mistake by allowing the republicans to align themselves with them. Yes they have some big names attached to their movement, but those same names are also sporting a capitol r by their names. It seems now that their is more distance between the Tea Party and the mainstream GOP than there is between the Republicans and Democrats. Am I way off base here?

the Tea Party was for the most part conservatives, wanting more fiscal conservatism, and more efforts to follow the Constitution.. and favored states rights..

then along came the new leaders.. for some reason they looked about the same as the old leaders.. and now many who supported the ideals of the tea party are asking the same questions you are asking... who put those guys back in charge?

If the tea party expects to change anything they must find viable candidates to challenge incumbents in the primaries.. but few politicians with any brains have the guts to buck the party leadership..

I still believe in the ideals of the Tea Party, but as with most am disillusioned with the politics.. I am glad the new freshmen are at least trying to shake up the old guard.. not that change ever comes to DC, but with constant challenges to the status quo, some progress might be seen..

Besides a "term limit" you must also come up with an efficient recall system or a movement that will vote out an incumbent when they "get spoiled", by the system.......

a multi party system seems to work, but it will take many years for the US to get to that point.......if it is not too late

Im order bring about true change and correct what is wrong we will have to come up with a way to insure that politicians face the the same trials and hardships as those they legislate for. Going to Washington shouldnt be a way to get rich quick or kick back in the lap of luxury. No more lifetime salaries. No more congressional healthcare. No more lifetime salaries. No more voting themselves a raise. No more perks, PERIOD. An elected position in our nation's capitol should be approached with humility and compassion, not with thoughts of self-importance and power. The ones that we need to pass legislation imposing term limits are the ones we need to send to the unemployement line.

Once we take the power, glamor and perks out of the job we will finally get people in who have the proper mindset to do the job right.

Re-elect Nobody!!!

Tex

Latest posts