• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I'll Post Here, I Guess

Help Support Ranchers.net:

loomixguy

Reaction score
This week is truly ending on a sh!tty note. I lost my oldest brother in early November of last year to cancer. This past Wednesday, Brother #2 decided to have a massive heart attack & drop dead. No brothers left now, just one sister. I'm quickly running out of family to fight with. I get to be a fly on the wall now, and see how the four kids from wife #1 get along with their half brother from wife #2, who my brother hadn't actually lived together with for well over 20 years. I have a feeling that when the dust settles & the will gets read, things are going to get FUGLY. Going to be sad to see, but I knew it was coming. Those kids will have plenty of things to fight about, for sure. Can't wait to see how quickly 4 vs. 1 turns into 5 only for themselves. Losing two brothers in 4 months is a tad excessive, methinks.

Now the political side, sorta....took the boy with me yesterday to the "city" to pick up a few things and do a little business. On our way, about 20 miles from home, a black Apache helicopter was flying around, fairly low...probably 500-600 feet. I immediately thought of the tosspot up north and had to laugh. However, on the way back, about 6 miles from home, 2 Apaches were flying around, at about the same altitude. Now I'm wondering what they thought they were doing....unless they were searching for jigs....

Sorry you have lost your brother. You sure have been dealt some bad cards in the game of life this past year! Wishing you patience and wisdom in coping with your family to help them in this tough situation. It seems like a sudden death can bring out either the best or worst in people and it is just sad that it often breaks up families when they need to be pulling together to ease the pain of loss.

On the political aspect........whether it is 'black helicopters' or drones or whatever, it seems like government should tell us what is going on, when possible for security reasons. The way they do such things now, it just creates antagonism. Even the wildlife counting should be a public event when they fly over private land, whether drones or regular small planes. Something so simple as public disclosure could help in this time of so much outrage over the dumb things they do......such as the Sage Grouse debacle, for example of foolish, unnecessary govt action and expense.

mrj

Thanks for the kind words.

I read his obit online this morning and couldn't believe what some genius in the family put down for his grandchildren. 3 of his 5 kids currently have spouses that had been married and had children prior to marrying his kids. These "step grandkids", and any children they may have produced were included in the count. A number of these "steps" he'd never even laid eyes on. My mother is probably spinning in her grave right now over that tidbit. She was as old school as it gets. I realize that steps and such are a fact of life these days, but if they aren't carrying his blood, they shouldn't count, IMO. At best, he was survived by them.

I show up for work at the plant this morning at 5:45 am. It's plumb dark out, but I heard (didn't actually see) 2 helicopters flying around. I asked the overnight guy if the hospital had called for life flight. They always use helicopters here, and he said no, the scanner & radios had been quiet all night. Something is going on, and it's anybody's guess, but it's sure strange what's been going on around here in the skies the last 24 hours...especially before daylight.

I understand what you're saying Loomixguy. My condolences.

Also agree with mrj.

Sorry to hear that. I hope they are able to see what's important at the moment.

I think Brad is saying, even you have to spend more time with jigs at gatherings, the high cost of living, ain't worth the cost of living high.

Tonight the Boss, the boy, & myself had just sat down for a late supper of some leftovers, and the Corgis went crazy. One of my sister's daughters showed up out of the blue, blubbering and begging forgiveness. Told her she hadn't ever done anything to us that she needed forgiven for, but if it made her happy, she was forgiven. I last saw her at my eldest brother's funeral four months ago, and before that it was close to 2 years since I'd seen her. She lives 30 miles away and is in town pretty regular, but never stops at the house. I'm the uncle nobody ever knows unless I have something somebody needs to borrow, or they need a meal, a bed, or 100 bucks or less. I don't know what she was feeling guilty about, but it really did a number on her. Unless.....there is something of my mother's that she imagines she wants, and it has to go through me now.

The funeral's tomorrow afternoon, and tomorrow can't get over with fast enough for me. Once those kids crack that will open, the long knives will come out. I'm glad to be a fly on the wall for the donnybrook that's sure to come.

Now get this...the wife's Boss at her job told my wife she couldn't go to the funeral tomorrow. According to her, a brother-in-law isn't a close enough relative to be excused from work to attend the funeral. Looks like I get to start tomorrow off doing a little educating and enlightening. Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad after all. ;-)

No helicopters today.

iwannabeacowboy said:
even you have to spend more time with jigs

The thought of that makes me want to start cutting myself.....long & deep! :wink:

Though we might fuss & bicker like family, jiggsy & I are NOT related in any way, shape, or form. I still have SOME hair on my head, unlike the human cue ball from wheathead land.

Latest posts