• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I'm skeered

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
There are not too many things in this world I'm afraid of. That said...the Dentist is one of them.

I can't put it off any longer, the whiskey isn't numbing it any more...

Wish me luck. :cry: I'm goin to town in the morn to be at the doc's mercy. :cry2: :help: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Good luck. I used to hate them and their needles, but have gotten over it in my later years. Find a good painless one and it will be alright.

JB's right, find a painless one. I used to be scared of dentists too, had a real bad experience with one. Anyways, I have one now that I wouldn't trade for nothing! Last time I was there, she told me to squeeze my eyes shut and not look. Well you know I had to look. All I seen was this humongous needle heading for my mouth, but never felt a thing when she stuck it in my gum. She had spread a little freezing gel on first, and then gave me the needle. She's a very caring dentist.

cert said:
There are not too many things in this world I'm afraid of. That said...the Dentist is one of them.

I can't put it off any longer, the whiskey isn't numbing it any more...

Wish me luck. :cry: I'm goin to town in the morn to be at the doc's mercy. :cry2: :help: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Sleep tight Cert. :lol:

Findin one that's painless is the KEY to the whole deal. The dentist I worked for, for 8 years, was one of the good ones. Love him to death. To this day when I go to see him, no matter what I have done, he never charges me a dime. So...that said......I always take him an apple pie, or a batch of cookies cuz I feel like I should give him somethin for workin on me, and he won't take no money from me.

I need to go see him......I have a back tooth that has a hairline crack right down the middle....and I just keep puttin it off cuz I want him to take it out.......been YEARS!!!! since I had a tooth pulled...and those were wisdom teeth. I don't dread the actual sittin in the chair and havin it yanked, I dread the grand canyon of a hole it leaves when ya crawl outta that chair.

The only scary thing about the Dentist for me is the bill at the end. :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!!!!

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Findin one that's painless is the KEY to the whole deal. The dentist I worked for, for 8 years, was one of the good ones. Love him to death. To this day when I go to see him, no matter what I have done, he never charges me a dime. So...that said......I always take him an apple pie, or a batch of cookies cuz I feel like I should give him somethin for workin on me, and he won't take no money from me.

I need to go see him......I have a back tooth that has a hairline crack right down the middle....and I just keep puttin it off cuz I want him to take it out.......been YEARS!!!! since I had a tooth pulled...and those were wisdom teeth. I don't dread the actual sittin in the chair and havin it yanked, I dread the grand canyon of a hole it leaves when ya crawl outta that chair.
I just had a cracked molar super-glued yesterday after he removed the old filling. The dentist is hoping it will take care of the temperature sensitivity and pressure sensitivity that developed in it. If that doesn't work...a crown. ugh.

Yeap a crown will work sometimes. I have one that did the same as the one I have now...right in front of it. He crowned it about 7 years ago. So far so good with it, but I think this one is worse than that one was. Cold, hot, sweet, all bother it. And since it is the furtherest back molar........I say go the cheap route and yank it.
Just if I could be knocked out for the week or so following LOL

I bought extra insurance several years ago with Aflac. I have had lots of dentel work such as crowns and bridges root cannals. Now the dentest writes me a check at the end of the year. My normal insurance covers most of the work then Aflac pays again. It still hurts but not as bad.

Thanks for the words of wisdom folks. Turns out there is an infection and I get a round of "combiotic" then he will yank it. I'm allergic to penicillin so I'm not sure what he cave me.
My tolerance for pain has got the best of me again. :shock:

And he didn't try and talk you into a root canal???

The first one that I had done cost me 3000.00 frickin dollars!!! :eek: :eek: Way more than what was quoted!! :eek: :shock: I'm thinkin that was pretty good wages for a half hour job! :shock:
I told him I could have bought a pretty decent horse for that!
Needless to say I never went back to that dentist ever again.
The second root canal (different dentist) was much cheaper, but still bloody expensive! :shock:
Won't ever do it again. They'll be pulling them next time.

I walked into my dentist's on Halloween day and he was dressed like a "Cowboy" .Pretty much like I dress everyday.

So I asked him if next Halloween if I could dress up like a "Dentist".
He didn't know what to say. :roll:

Latest posts