• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

IMI Global?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Saddletramp

Reaction score
Saddletramp here. Haven't been here for a while.

Does any one know any thing a bout IMI Global? Has any one had any dealing with them ? Good or bad all info will be 'preceated.

Thanks in adance.

We sold to a feeder that used them last year. I dealt with the paperwork, the feeder paid the bill. No problems on this end. They followed up this spring with paperwork to ID this years calves. Would reccomend.

I have no input for you, but would like to say it's nice to "see your face" on here again.

Hi Saddletramp, welcome back. For those of you who don't remember what he looks like, here is a picture of him and his horse. :wink:

Saddletrampsilhouette.jpg

I have used IMI global the last 2 years for age and source verification on cattle. They have been very good to work with. They explained exactly what they needed and then did what they said they would do. Little probem with the billing this year, but 1 phone call cleared it up real fast. I will use them again.

Brian

Your ABS rep should also be able to do age and source. Theirs is super simple and can be done for around 4 dollars a head including tags

Yeah, Soapweed has me pegged. That's me....by nature we are a handsome people.

The company I work for is thinking about going with IMI Global and I'm just trying to decide what to do with my own cattle. Thanks for the input.

Saddletramp,

IMI Global is sure enough a great outfit and a leader in source/age verification. Their fees are also fairly high. If you can tag the calves before they leave the ranch, you might want to consider the Gateway program that is offered through the American Angus Association. $50 enrollment fee and $2.00 per panel ear tag. Cattle do not have to be Angus to be enrolled in the Gateway program, as it is a sideline or off-shoot of the AngusSource program, which does require that all calves be sired by a registered Angus bull. (816) 383-5100

HP

What is wrong with the old system of the breeder/owner/seller signing an affidavit certifying all the items they want ( COOL, date of birth, shots given, feed given, implants/All natural or not, etc. etc.) backed by a handshake between seller and buyer - or a third party verification from a brand inspector that those are your cattle you are verifying????? :???:

Have we all decided there is not enough money already being taken out of the marketing of our cattle that now we have to give some 3rd party profiteer a % out of it :???:

This whole verification system to me- which they go only on info you give them anyway- seems like another shakedown to take bucks out of your pockets to me- especially when they are just verifying what you tell them....
More mandatory ID BS...... :(

Oldtimer said:
What is wrong with the old system of the breeder/owner/seller signing an affidavit certifying all the items they want ( COOL, date of birth, shots given, feed given, implants/All natural or not, etc. etc.) backed by a handshake between seller and buyer - or a third party verification from a brand inspector that those are your cattle you are verifying????? :???:

Have we all decided there is not enough money already being taken out of the marketing of our cattle that now we have to give some 3rd party profiteer a % out of it :???:

This whole verification system to me- which they go only on info you give them anyway- seems like another shakedown to take bucks out of your pockets to me- especially when they are just verifying what you tell them....

Nothing wrong with the old system oldtimer, but sometimes new is better, especially when there are a lot unscrupulous people that try to market their own cattle, not naming names but!!!

hopalong said:
Oldtimer said:

Nothing wrong with the old system oldtimer, but sometimes new is better, especially when there are a lot unscrupulous people that try to market their own cattle, not naming names but!!!

So you hire a company that for $4-$5-$10 a head will verify that you submitted the same affidavits/paperwork to them- and that makes it all hunky dory...
Bull Puckey!! :roll: What a joke ride we've allowed ourselves to be taken on ..... :(

I've been dealing with IMI Global for about 6 years. This year had my calves NHTC certified in addition to the age and source. With that they came out and audited my feed and vet supplies, and records for anything that would keep the calves out of the NHTC program. One of the feeders that has bought my calves won't buy anything that isn't in one of the verification programs. I also had a feeder call me that had gotten my name off of the approved supplier list looking for NHTC calves. Getting in to program like IMI does expand your marketing opportunities for calves.

Saddletramp,
I would consider Samson, they are based out of Columbus, Nebraska, I believe. They are more cost effective for a smaller producer, where as IMI tends to be more economical for someone who runs large numbers of cattle. If you would like a little more info, give Shawn at Midwestern Cattle a call. His number is 308-650-1436, I'd bet he can answer your questions and might even be able to give you a hand selling your calves.

Thanks for all the info. Lots of trouble to market our product any more. I agree with Oldtimer that it used to be a hand shake and a man's word could be counted on. Any more it's who ever has the longest quills sticks the other guy.

Latest posts