• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Immigration

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Gee, Tucker Carlson doesn't seem to believe his president, George W. Bush, when it comes to his big immigration reform. In fact, he pretty much makes mush of the proposals. Link below; my emphasis.

"President Bush announced a new immigration program on Monday, and was immediately accused of playing politics. The president, his opponents said, isn't more concerned about immigration reform than he used to be. He's just weaker politically. And there's no quicker way to win back the affection of the disaffected Right than to snarl about illegal aliens.

For once, the spin is right: Bush isn't serious about immigration; today's announcement was purely political. How do we know this? Let me count the ways:

For one thing, he waited an awfully long time to make the announcement. Bush has been president for five years. September 11th took place more than four years ago. And on Monday, November 28, 2005, he decides it's time to overhaul border security? Why did it take so long to notice the system was broken?"

Full article at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8063563/#051129a

while I could argue the timeing is off, I would agree that the principle measure needs to be addressed.

Illigal immigration is a danger to this country.
Illigal immigration no longer fills jobs Americans are unwilling to do.
Illigal immigrants displace entry level jobs.
Illigal immigrants do not pay taxes, costing the govermant billions in lost revenue.
Illigal immigrants drain the social welfare programs and cost our goverment billions in costs.
companies that hire illigals and have always done so, are commiting crimes.

If I had my way there would be round ups every day and a big fence and maybe even troops on the border ( they are well equiped for perimeter control and it is a great training oportunity).

With all that said in favor of strict immigration policy, I would still have voted for GW Bush over Kerry.

And can you name one thing a democrat president has done to help control illigal immigration????????????????
Clinton had eight years to solve this, (why wern't you whining then? )

Illigal immigration no longer fills jobs Americans are unwilling to do.
those job are filled by legal immigrates on 3 year work visas....not many want to herd sheep for $600/month and live in tent on the mountain or sheep camp wagon on the desert.

Steve said:
With all that said in favor of strict immigration policy, I would still have voted for GW Bush over Kerry.

And can you name one thing a democrat president has done to help control illigal immigration????????????????
Clinton had eight years to solve this, (why wern't you whining then? )

George W. Bush has declared a "War on Terror." If you honestly want to secure the borders of the country, as he claims over and over he's doing, you must do something about the hundreds of undocumented people coming across every year.

One of the intersting things we had with Clinton president: relative peace and stability in the world. But according to George W. Bush, terrorists are lurking everywhere ready to strike the US. Yet five years into his presidency he's only now getting around to doing something about our southern border.

I don't have a particular problem with Mexicans coming into this country and taking jobs many Americans don't want to deal with. But if Bush really and truly believes we're at risk for another terrorist attack, he should have done something about this border problem after 9/11. The fact that he hasn't made it a priority tells me it's more hot air and spin from the Republicans. Instead of spending billions securing our borders Bush chose to spend billions to invade Iraq who was absolutely no threat to us.

One of the intersting things we had with Clinton president: relative peace and stability in the world.

in your closed minded little world,maybe ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but to Osama and the 19 terrorists it was time to prepare for thier distructive end....................

but even with that said, I would still have voted for GW over Kerry and Gore.............so your whining still has not changed any thing.........

Clinton failed to stop 19 terrorists, he just passed the cigar, I mean buck, and thousands paid for his neglect of the immigration shambles..........

We need to have a strong immigration policy, I would even support a total ban on immigration (both legal and illigal) until the system can handle the influx...........

And I have problem with Illigals taking jobs Americans don't want, (because it is a myth) or lie if you prefer.........becuase while it may have been true in the past it is not today. Most illigals I see are displacing formally good jobs, ,,,,

Disagreeable said:
One of the intersting things we had with Clinton president: relative peace and stability in the world.

I'm sorry, but this just proves you are an idiot. I've bitten my tongue before, but there's just no way around it. You are stupid.

When do you think the plot for 9/11 was hatched?

What do you think the film "Black Hawk Down" is about?

Ever heard of a region that used to be called Yugoslavia? Does "relative peace and stability" include mass genocide?

mp.freelance said:
Disagreeable said:

I'm sorry, but this just proves you are an idiot. I've bitten my tongue before, but there's just no way around it. You are stupid.

Don't bite your tongue, mp. Come on and tell it like it is. Tell us how you set on the sidelines while your friends die in this unncessary war. I'm the only person on this board who has defended our soldiers. Bush sent them off to war without their armored vehicels, without body protection, and no one on this board except me has noticed!

When do you think the plot for 9/11 was hatched?

I don't know. Do you? I do know where it was hatched and who hatched it. Neither one is Iraq. So tell me again why we're in Iraq. There are no WMDs. The Iraqi people didn't meet us with flowers. The oil produced by Iraq isn't paying for the reconstruction.

What do you think the film "Black Hawk Down" is about?

How many Black Hawks have gone down in Iraq. We've got over 2,000 Americans dead in Iraq. How many died in Clinton's "wars?" I want a number.

Ever heard of a region that used to be called Yugoslavia? Does "relative peace and stability" include mass genocide?

ROTFLMAO. Yes, of course it's Clinton's fault that Tito died. Shame on him.

Latest posts