• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Inspirational AG kids

Help Support Ranchers.net:

EastWind

Reaction score
I have spent this past week with my family at the Clackamas County Fair and Rodeo. One of my girls won Ch. Intermediate Meat Goat Showman, and I had a Grand Ch. Bull :) But this wanes in comparison to what took place at the Junior livestock auction Sat. morning. A 4H girl entered the ring to sell her market Lamb and Here is the rest of the story, Her brother has Cystic Fibrosis and this past year was granted a wish by the Make A Wish Foundation to take a trip to CA to see how Video games were made and other fun things. Because of this The girl decided to pay it forward and auction her lamb off with all of the proceeds going to the Make a wish Foundation. The word got out early that morning and the Auctioneer announced that local businesses had pooled their money to start the bidding at $34 a pound. He then proceeded to take $1 a pound bids from businesses and individuals. the Lamb sold for over $ 8000.00 . Ag Kids are Impressive and are giving back to society. My Hat goes off to all of them.

Latest posts