• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Interesting Canadian Editorial

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher said:
Next thing we'll be seeing quotes from the 'National Enquirer' or Jerry Springer's definitive view on BSE.

Remember it was Oprah several years ago that had her show saying there was Mad Cow in the US-- everyone including myself thought she was a radical nut ( I still do) and laughed at it....I even had a bumper sticker that said "The only Mad Cow in the US is Oprah"...

Maybe her people knew more than what we gave them credit for at the time :? :???: ....

Oldtimer said:
Bill- If you and Maple Leaf Angus don't see it I can't help you...I think many Canadian ranchers are still in the denial stage- BUT apparently Paula Simons editorial writer can see the holes and unanswered questions--what about the John Doe Canadian citizens and consumers :???: ...If she can figure out there is a problem they can too....

I brought in McDonalds because some of these loopholes that she says the Canadian government has stonewalled on are the same ones that McDonalds said in the letter to the FDA needed to be closed in the US...
No, you brought in McDonald's to try and add credibility to your post when there has been no mention made from McDonald's Corp. regarding the risk of BSE in Canada due to our feed ban. If they had concerns about Canada would they not mention it?

Don't worry about helping us Oldtimer. We will do quite alright despite your backstabbing.

Oldtimer said:
Bill- If you and Maple Leaf Angus don't see it I can't help you...I think many Canadian ranchers are still in the denial stage- BUT apparently Paula Simons editorial writer can see the holes and unanswered questions--what about the John Doe Canadian citizens and consumers :???: ...If she can figure out there is a problem they can too....

I brought in McDonalds because some of these loopholes that she says the Canadian government has stonewalled on are the same ones that McDonalds said in the letter to the FDA needed to be closed in the US...

Oldtimer if you are impressed with this womans grasp of the industry I guess that is your OPINION. When she brings in the conversation a ''69 month old breeding hiefer'' I wonder if she knows anything about cattle or the industry. If she is so quick to spout off with ''.001 grams of infected material causing a cow to become FATALLY ILL'' I sure wish she would share the source of this info. She is stating things as FACT that are yet to be proven by people that are more on the ball than she is. I am a long way from the border but she would have no more respect from me if she lived on the next place over.

mwj said:
Oldtimer said:

Oldtimer if you are impressed with this womans grasp of the industry I guess that is your OPINION. When she brings in the conversation a ''69 month old breeding hiefer'' I wonder if she knows anything about cattle or the industry. If she is so quick to spout off with ''.001 grams of infected material causing a cow to become FATALLY ILL'' I sure wish she would share the source of this info. She is stating things as FACT that are yet to be proven by people that are more on the ball than she is. I am a long way from the border but she would have no more respect from me if she lived on the next place over.

mwj- I don't know (or care) what her cattle knowledge is or her expertise on BSE- Really doesn't matter...What does matter is that she can see thru all the government and industry statements and excuses- and see all the unanswered questions still out there that they haven't/can't explain...If she can see this and is questioning it - then John Q Consumer Public is probably seeing and doing the same.....

Oldtimer you can pick random words and phrases from medical text to make your point if you put them together in the proper order, but it will not make you someone who can ''SEE'' the big picture. If you are impressed with her insight that is fine with me. All I ask is that you not pee on my head and expect me to believe it is raining :shock:

I find it hard to believe that it would be ok for her to be ignorant of the facts on the two most important things in her article(cattle and bse) but you still think she is credibal about the rest :roll: Please go dig up a little better opinion piece to fit whatever your agenda is if you want people to beleve what you are preaching.

mwj said:
Oldtimer you can pick random words and phrases from medical text to make your point if you put them together in the proper order, but it will not make you someone who can ''SEE'' the big picture. If you are impressed with her insight that is fine with me. All I ask is that you not pee on my head and expect me to believe it is raining :shock:

I find it hard to believe that it would be ok for her to be ignorant of the facts on the two most important things in her article(cattle and bse) but you still think she is credibal about the rest :roll: Please go dig up a little better opinion piece to fit whatever your agenda is if you want people to beleve what you are preaching.

mwj- You don't need to know a heifer from a steer or anything else to know what a good piece of beef tastes like- and most consumers don't...

And you don't need to know a heifer from a steer to start reading thru the BS story the governments and industry keep changing daily to make it fit...

Latest posts