• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Interesting Quote

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Since Dr. Ron Paul is not supported or endorsed by the Media, the Democrats, the Tea Party, or even the Republicans – HE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!
:???:

Many commentators give credit to Ron Paul as having founded the Tea Party.

The Tea Party movement (TPM) is an American populist[1][2][3] political movement that is generally recognized as conservative and libertarian,[4] and has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since 2009.[5][6][7] It endorses reduced government spending,[8][9] opposition to taxation in varying degrees,[9] reduction of the national debt and federal budget deficit,[8] and adherence to an originalist interpretation of the United States Constitution.[10]

The name "Tea Party" is a reference to the Boston Tea Party, a protest by colonists who objected to a British tax on tea in 1773 and demonstrated by dumping British tea taken from docked ships into the harbor.[11] Some commentators have referred to the Tea in "Tea Party" as the backronym "Taxed Enough Already".[12][13]

The Tea Party movement has caucuses in the House of Representatives and the Senate of the United States.[14] The Tea Party movement has no central leadership, but is composed of a loose affiliation of national and local groups that determine their own platforms and agendas. The Tea Party movement has been cited as an example of grassroots political activity, although it has also been cited as an example of astroturfing.[15]

The Tea Party's most noted national figures include Republican politicians such as Ron Paul, Sarah Palin, Dick Armey, Eric Cantor, and Michele Bachmann, with Paul described by some as the "intellectual godfather" of the movement.[16][17] The Tea Party movement is not, as of 2011, a national political party; polls show that most Tea Partiers consider themselves to be Republicans[18][19], and the movement's suppporters have tended to endorse Republican candidates.[20] Commentators including Gallup editor-in-chief Frank Newport have suggested that the movement is not a new political group, but simply a rebranding of traditional Republican candidates and policies.[18][21][22] An October 2010 Washington Post canvass of local Tea Party organizers found 87% saying "dissatisfaction with mainstream Republican Party leaders" was "an important factor in the support the group has received so far".[23]

Oldtimer said:
Since Dr. Ron Paul is not supported or endorsed by the Media, the Democrats, the Tea Party, or even the Republicans – HE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!

isn't he the guy you are so concerned about, the one who strongly advocates abolishing FEMA?

Oldtimer, isn't Ron Paul the guy you actually were backing not so very long ago?

http://ranchers.net/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=241206

Oldtimer said:
Yeah-- I'm having a hard time understanding this new neocon Republican party or folks that call themselves Republicans...They keep saying they have to get more supporters and be an all inclusive party--but they keep running folks away unless they follow the exact goose step beat...

Best example now is-- anyone that even questions the Iraq war or anything about the war, is immediately dubbed a nonpatriot or traitor or whatever!!!! They could follow every other article of the Repub Platform (whatever that is anymore :roll: )-- but let them question GW's war- and you're chastised and out the door...

Newt was right-- When the Democrat party totally rules D.C. in 09--it won't be because the Dems won---it will be because the Republicans flat outright just gave it to them.... :shock:

I hope Paul takes his warchest and runs as an Independent if the Repubs don't want him....Be interesting to see the number of votes he gets-- and it would give me someone to vote for... :wink: :lol:

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20511&highlight=ron+paul

Click on the below website and see who you should support...
http://www.selectsmart.com/president/2008.html

This is how I came out-- since their is no one I really like (theoretical) and I could never see myself voting for Edwards-- probably never Richardson-- then it must mean I'm a Ron Paul supporter (who actually is my favorite of the announced candidates).....

1. Theoretical Ideal Candidate (100%)
2. John Edwards (60%) Information link
3. Bill Richardson (59%) Information link
4. Ron Paul (57%) Information link
5. Barack Obama (55%) Information link
6. Joseph Biden (54%) Information link
7. Tom Tancredo (53%) Information link
8. Alan Augustson (campaign suspended) (53%) Information link
9. Hillary Clinton (53%) Information link
10. Christopher Dodd (51%) Information link
11. Al Gore (not announced) (50%) Information link
12. Jim Gilmore (withdrawn) (49%) Information link
13. Tommy Thompson (withdrawn) (46%) Information link
14. Wesley Clark (not announced) (46%) Information link
15. Duncan Hunter (45%) Information link
16. John McCain (44%) Information link
17. Fred Thompson (not announced) (43%) Information link
18. Dennis Kucinich (42%) Information link
19. Michael Bloomberg (not announced) (42%) Information link
20. Mike Gravel (42%) Information link
21. Mike Huckabee (41%) Information link
22. Mitt Romney (40%) Information link
23. Sam Brownback (37%) Information link
24. Rudolph Giuliani (34%) Information link
25. Newt Gingrich (not announced) (33%) Information link
26. Kent McManigal (campaign suspended) (32%) Information link
27. Chuck Hagel (not announced) (30%) Information link
28. Elaine Brown (25%) Information link

Steve said:
Oldtimer said:

isn't he the guy you are so concerned about, the one who strongly advocates abolishing FEMA?

No not me- I don't care what they do with FEMA...That must be the Tea Party idol- Rick Perry- you are thinking about....That whines and cries about federal spending- until it cuts into his pork...That wanted to cut disaster funds in the budget- until it was his backyard that needed the money- then was whining about not getting enough of it fast enough.. The TeaParty's leading Hypocrit... :wink: :lol:

Soapweed said:
Oldtimer, isn't Ron Paul the guy you actually were backing not so very long ago?

http://ranchers.net/forum/posting.php?mode=quote&p=241206

Oldtimer said:
Yeah-- I'm having a hard time understanding this new neocon Republican party or folks that call themselves Republicans...They keep saying they have to get more supporters and be an all inclusive party--but they keep running folks away unless they follow the exact goose step beat...

Best example now is-- anyone that even questions the Iraq war or anything about the war, is immediately dubbed a nonpatriot or traitor or whatever!!!! They could follow every other article of the Repub Platform (whatever that is anymore :roll: )-- but let them question GW's war- and you're chastised and out the door...

Newt was right-- When the Democrat party totally rules D.C. in 09--it won't be because the Dems won---it will be because the Republicans flat outright just gave it to them.... :shock:

I hope Paul takes his warchest and runs as an Independent if the Repubs don't want him....Be interesting to see the number of votes he gets-- and it would give me someone to vote for... :wink: :lol:

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20511&highlight=ron+paul

Click on the below website and see who you should support...
http://www.selectsmart.com/president/2008.html

This is how I came out-- since their is no one I really like (theoretical) and I could never see myself voting for Edwards-- probably never Richardson-- then it must mean I'm a Ron Paul supporter (who actually is my favorite of the announced candidates).....

1. Theoretical Ideal Candidate (100%)
2. John Edwards (60%) Information link
3. Bill Richardson (59%) Information link
4. Ron Paul (57%) Information link
5. Barack Obama (55%) Information link
6. Joseph Biden (54%) Information link
7. Tom Tancredo (53%) Information link
8. Alan Augustson (campaign suspended) (53%) Information link
9. Hillary Clinton (53%) Information link
10. Christopher Dodd (51%) Information link
11. Al Gore (not announced) (50%) Information link
12. Jim Gilmore (withdrawn) (49%) Information link
13. Tommy Thompson (withdrawn) (46%) Information link
14. Wesley Clark (not announced) (46%) Information link
15. Duncan Hunter (45%) Information link
16. John McCain (44%) Information link
17. Fred Thompson (not announced) (43%) Information link
18. Dennis Kucinich (42%) Information link
19. Michael Bloomberg (not announced) (42%) Information link
20. Mike Gravel (42%) Information link
21. Mike Huckabee (41%) Information link
22. Mitt Romney (40%) Information link
23. Sam Brownback (37%) Information link
24. Rudolph Giuliani (34%) Information link
25. Newt Gingrich (not announced) (33%) Information link
26. Kent McManigal (campaign suspended) (32%) Information link
27. Chuck Hagel (not announced) (30%) Information link
28. Elaine Brown (25%) Information link

Yep- I would still love to see Paul run as an Independent--but the way the cults have set it up to make it very difficult for a true Independent to get on the state tickets- he would probably only be able to get on a few states ballots unless he got the nomination of one of the minor parties-Libertarian, Constitution, Green, etc. that have had past candidates-- and not as a true Independent ...

This quote is in a weekly beef/cattle mailing-- and interested me in that I wonder how many more folks would just as soon have their candidate NOT be tied to either of the partys/cults....

Since Dr. Ron Paul is not supported or endorsed by the Media, the Democrats, the Tea Party, or even the RepublicansHE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!

WOW something just struck me in reading your post.
You have become so hatefilled and nasty. I dont know at what point, but when did you forsake self responsiblity? When did you become such a victim?

Oldtimer said:
Steve said:
Oldtimer said:

No not me- I don't care what they do with FEMA... :wink: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6YQYhk3GRE

(CNN) - As Hurricane Irene barrels along the U.S. East Coast, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas said the nation would be much better off without the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

"FEMA is not a good friend of most people in Texas," Paul said. "All they do is come in and tell you what to do and can't do. You can't get in your houses. And they hinder the local people, and they hinder volunteers from going in."

Oldtimer said:

Kind of reminds me of Palin and her "railing" against "crony capitalism"

You know OT, the crony capitalism you advocate in spending millions in the name of alternative fuel at the expense of disaster relief.

Pay your bills!!@!!@!

Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) was the first candidate other than Romney to attack Perry head on, and once he got started, he didn't relent until moderator Chris Wallace finally cut him off.

In a round about immigration reform, Santorum criticized the Texas governor for allowing children of illegal immigrants in Texas to attend public universities at in-state rates.

"Yes, I would say that he is soft on illegal immigration," Santorum said, noting that Perry opposes building a fence along the border with Mexico and has spoken about the possibility of cross-border health insurance policies.

"I don't even think Barack Obama would be for binational health insurance," Santorum said.

Paul took an even harder line on immigration, arguing that children born to illegal immigrants shouldn't automatically become U.S. citizens.

"What you need to do is attack their benefits: no free education, no free subsidies, no citizenship, no birthright citizenship," Paul said.

Sage,,,,,I cannot believe it has taken you this long to see that oldtimer is full of hate for anyone or anything he does not understand, or does not fall into his line of thinking (((if you call it that))))

Latest posts