• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Interesting Scenario

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Wolf lays out an interesting scenario if a non Tea Party candidate gets the nomination (which I believe will happen).. Altho I don't think he is the best candidate I think the more sane amongst the Repubs will choose Romney over any Tea Party candidate... Personally I prefer Huntsman....

But he brings up an interesting question---Will a 3rd Party candidate run? Will Ron Paul, in possibly his last chance to run, run as a 3rd Party candidate?

How much of the vote would a 3rd party Tea Party candidate funnel off?

BLITZER'S BLOG: Is there room for more in the GOP presidential race?
By CNN's Wolf Blitzer

(CNN) – And then there was one; maybe two.

I'm talking about Republicans still flirting with the idea of running for the party's presidential nomination even though it's very late in the process.

Sarah Palin says she's still considering that option; Rudy Giuliani apparently is also thinking about it.

My instinct tells me neither is likely to jump in.

Among the earlier no-shows: Mitch Daniels, Mike Huckabee, Haley Barbour, Paul Ryan, Donald Trump and Jeb Bush.

So with Chris Christie out, that means we now know the Republican field. One of those candidates you've seen on the stage at the various debates will almost certainly challenge President Obama.

We obviously don't know if it will be Mitt Romney, Herman Cain, Rick Perry or one of the other candidates, but a lot of the establishment-type Republicans appear increasingly ready to accept Romney as the safest bet. To them, he seems to be the most electable.

Still, that is by no means a done deal.

A lot can certainly happen in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, Florida and beyond.

There's also a chance that there will be a serious third-party candidate. Yes, I'm not ruling that out.

Let's not forget that Ross Perot was doing very well back in 1992 against George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton until the Texas billionaire abruptly pulled out, and then, almost as abruptly, came back in.

Third-party wild cards this time could include Trump, Michael Bloomberg and maybe even Ron Paul. The Texas congressman insists he's running as a Republican, but he certainly has a strong following among libertarians. Let's not forget he ran as the official Libertarian Party candidate in 1988.

And if you've watched the debates and heard his interviews, you know he is increasingly the sole Republican presidential voice on several hot-button issues, including pulling out immediately from Iraq, Afghanistan and other bases around the world. He has most recently raised the question about whether Obama should be impeached for ordering the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki.

I've covered many presidential contests over the years. This one will be fascinating. Between now and November 2012, we are all in for a wild ride.

3rd party candidate? Ross Perot and deja vu all over again. A 3rd party candidate will hand Hussein the second term he craves so badly on a silver platter. ANY of the republican candidates, repeat, ANY of them would be better for America than what we have at present.

loomixguy said:
3rd party candidate? Ross Perot and deja vu all over again. A 3rd party candidate will hand Hussein the second term he craves so badly on a silver platter. ANY of the republican candidates, repeat, ANY of them would be better for America than what we have at present.

Who are you talking about. Snow White and the seven Dwarfs.

loomixguy said:

although some of the repubs have issues i do not like, they all LOVE America. and that is more than I can say about the current occupant of the White House.time to get the anti muslim vote going, and kick Obama back to his Mosque

Faster horses said:
I remember John Bolten saying he might run...

Boltan announced about a month ago he would not run...

In the 08 election- prior to the Tea Party movement- Ron Paul got on some states general election ballots... He was able to get on the Montana ballot as a Constitution candidate- and picked up over 2 % of the votes... In some counties he pulled in double digit % figures...
I wonder how many he would bring in from the Tea Party movement now :???:

This is what will be the demise of the Rep. party in '012, they are so split. Something will have to change for them to be successful. I still long for a true Independent( and I believe its comimg) that would have a chance, not a Rep. because he didn't get chosen. Having said that, there are some things about R. Paul I like.

Oldtimer said:
Faster horses said:
I remember John Bolten saying he might run...

Boltan announced about a month ago he would not run...

In the 08 election- prior to the Tea Party movement- Ron Paul got on some states general election ballots... He was able to get on the Montana ballot as a Constitution candidate- and picked up over 2 % of the votes... In some counties he pulled in double digit % figures...
I wonder how many he would bring in from the Tea Party movement now :???:

The Tea Party are more intelligent than you would like to believe OT, they would not split the vote as you are hoping.

I doubt OT heard the 2010 Tea party motto... Fight in the primary, Unite for the general !

Ron Paul says he definitely won't run as an independent in 2012

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul today flatly ruled out a possible White House run as an independent if he fails to win the GOP nomination.

"I'm not considering that at all," the Lake Jackson congressman told a breakfast meeting with reporters hosted by the Christian Science Monitor. "No, I'm not thinking about that."

Paul, the 1988 Libertarian Party presidential nominee, said he could better influence the policy debates on issues such as monetary policy and foreign policy by continuing his Republican run.

If he runs as an independent, "I certainly wouldn't be in the debate" on those issues, he told reporters.

Paul said that independent voters now are an important part of the Republican nominating process, particularly in New Hampshire, which holds the first-in-the-nation primary. The 76-year-old Texan is focusing much of his efforts on the Granite State and has organized each county for the 2012 primary.
Ron Paul will not run as a third party candidate. I was on his national conference call last night and he said himself, "we don't want to lose my congressional seat". He said he would continue in the Republican Presidential primary as long as the money and support are there, just like he's been saying. But he very specifically mentioned his congressional seat and he was taking care of various votes and other business in congress the last couple days to ensure he would be ready for the primary vote for his seat in Texas next month. Texas has the "LBJ" law which allows anyone to run for congress and President at the same time. This is what Dr. Paul is doing and he cannot run as a third party candidate for President while running as a Republican for congress, the Texas Republican party would toss him out. So forget any talk about a third party run! It's collect as many delegates as possible, get Dr. Paul a prime time speech during the RNC and get as much into the Republican platform as possible. End of story, that's what we have to concentrate on.

Ron Paul has addressed this issue several times over the last few months..

Well if they unite for the general (for instance, supporting someone who is for amnesty for illegals) will they not be giving up some of the T Party's basic principals which will in turn split the T party?? :???: :???:

This is what Dr. Paul is doing and he cannot run as a third party candidate for President while running as a Republican for congress, the Texas Republican party would toss him out. So forget any talk about a third party run!

So how did he do it in 2008 after he didn't get the Repub nomination :???: He was on the Montana ballot as the Constitution Party candidate.....

United States presidential election in Montana, 2008

Party Candidate Running mate Votes Percentage Electoral votes

Republican John McCain Sarah Palin 242,763 49.43% 3

Democratic Barack Obama Joe Biden 231,667 47.17% 0

Constitution Ron Paul (no campaign) Michael Peroutka 10,638 2.17% 0

(write-in) Write-in candidates 4,171 0.84% 0

Independent Ralph Nader Matt Gonzalez 3,686 0.75% 0

Libertarian Bob Barr Wayne Allyn Root 1,355 0.28% 0

Constitution Chuck Baldwin (write-in) Darrell Castle 143 0.03% 0

Green Cynthia McKinney (write-in) Rosa Clemente 23 0.00% 0

Totals 491,092 100.00% 3
Voter turnout (Voting age population) 67.4%

TSR said:
Well if they unite for the general (for instance, supporting someone who is for amnesty for illegals) will they not be giving up some of the T Party's basic principals which will in turn split the T party?? :???: :???:

Conservatives understand we can't have everything we want. and most will vote for the person who is more likely to listen to the people.. like McCain had to when he decided to support those who wanted to "build the damn fence"

that and upholding our republic and Constitution is our basic principle,

Oldtimer said:
This is what Dr. Paul is doing and he cannot run as a third party candidate for President while running as a Republican for congress, the Texas Republican party would toss him out. So forget any talk about a third party run!

So how did he do it in 2008 after he didn't get the Repub nomination :???: He was on the Montana ballot as the Constitution Party candidate.....

Totals 491,092 100.00% 3

the comments are from the Paul Campaign , I guess you will have to ask them.. maybe the (no campaign) had something to do with it?

Katrina...I think the only Dem with a shot of any kind at all would be Hitlary. Hussein has too much money on his side for anyone other than her to have much chance. Hitlary could get the dough, I'm sure, but does she really want the job anymore?

Do we really need to go back to the days of White Water, Jennifer Flowers, Monica gate, Vince Foster, etc.? They seem pretty tame compared to what we are dealing with now, especially with the connections to radical Islam, Farrakhaan, Alinsky, Soros, Jeremiah Wright, the Black Panthers, the failed stimulus, SEIU thugs, fast & furious, and on and on and on.....

What say you???

Steve said:
Oldtimer said:

Totals 491,092 100.00% 3

the comments are from the Paul Campaign , I guess you will have to ask them.. maybe the (no campaign) had something to do with it?

He said much the same last year- but then when he didn't get the Repub nomination- got on as many ballots as he could...
I definitely wouldn't rule him out as a 3rd party candidate-- nor would I rule out Obama bringing in Hillary as his V.P. candidate....

Hitlery doesn't have the nads... would Pelosi?? I don't think so...Reid NO! It would have to be an outsider... Weiner?(just a joke) a popular Dem governor or mayor.... Just guessing of course!!

Latest posts