• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Iraq Standoff

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Liberty Belle

Reaction score
A U.S. Marine squad was marching north of Basra when they came upon an Iraqi terrorist, badly injured and unconscious. On the opposite side of the road was an American Marine in similar but less serious state.
The Marine was conscious and alert, and as first aid was given to both men, the squad leader asked the injured Marine what had happened.
The Marine reported, "I was heavily armed and moving north along the highway here, and coming south was a heavily armed insurgent. We saw each other and both took cover in the ditches along the road.
"I yelled to him that Saddam Hussein is a miserable, lowlife, scumbag, and he yelled back that Senator Ted Kennedy is a good-for-nothing, left wing liberal drunk. So I said that Osama Bin Ladin dresses and acts like a frigid, mean spirited woman!" He retaliated by yelling, "Oh yeah? Well so does Hillary Clinton!"
"And, there we were, standing in the middle of the road shaking hands, when a truck hit us."

Hey, MS SAGE, I'm still waiting to hear which of my rights are being protected in Iraq?

The main right is the right to LIFE. If you read the articles I posted you would see where Iraq was joined at the hip with the attack of 9/11.
I will not assume you are a female so I will ask.

Whoa! Did not you " Bush Believers" hear your own PREZ say that Iraq and 9-11 had no connection? He made that statement in several speeches.

MsSage said:
The main right is the right to LIFE. If you read the articles I posted you would see where Iraq was joined at the hip with the attack of 9/11.
I will not assume you are a female so I will ask.

ROTFLMAO! You're still beating that drum? What a laugh. I guess I missed those articles. I depend on real news organizations, or the President.

For example, Bush said:

"Wednesday, however, President Bush said there was no solid evidence that Saddam was directly connected to the attacks on New York and Washington."
Link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-09-17-bush-saddam_x.htm

Now are you saying Bush is a liar?

We know now why Bush tried to block the 9-11 commission:

"THOMAS KEAN, 9/11 COMMISSION CHAIRMAN: Well, that's what our staff has found. Now, it doesn't mean there weren't al Qaeda connections with Iraq over the years. They're somewhat shadowy, but I think they were there. But with 9/11, no, our staff has found no evidence of that."

"LEE HAMILTON, 9/11 COMMISSION VICE CHAIRMAN: All we can do is state as clearly as we can what the evidence is that we have found. We have found no operational collaboration between Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden with regard to attacks on the United States. That conclusion is a very firm one that we have reached.?
Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5228545/

Do you have some secret info that the 9-11 commission missed? Or are they, like Bush, lying?

And, again:

"President Bush distanced himself on Wednesday from comments by Vice President Dick Cheney that left the impression he saw a possible link between Saddam Hussein and the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
"We've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in Sept. 11," Bush told reporters as he met members of Congress on energy legislation."

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0918-03.htm

So now you know that Saddam wasn't involved with 9/11, tell me, please, what freedoms are our troops in Iraq defending?

If CBS is fake.....what is REAL news??? Let me guess.....FOX right?

Pleeeeeze.....you honestly cant take 100% of what you hear ANYWHERE and believe it all.....you have to listen to all of them....then you will get more of the " whole story". But to just perscribe to one " party line" is sticking your head in the sand!

well....excuuuuuuuuse me! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Holy smokes we're touchy... I didn't mean YOU personally....but you as in---ya'll, you'uns--- a general terms, the population as a whole.

You don't listen to several sides of a debate....so I take it you just listen to one version and that's it? Ok....what ever works for you.

NOOOOOOOOOOO I am not touchy I was making a comment that I was asking the question about CBS. Sorry if it came out I was snapping at you.
yes you need to listen but you still have to make your mind up and most people use thier common sense and thier beliefs. Some use knee jerk reaction. I am not saying you fall in the latter just pointing out how some make thier decessions.

MsSage said:
I was asking Dis the question. NO you need to get all the sides and make up YOUR own mind.

And that's exactly what I do. But you're ignoring the questions: Which of my freedoms are our soldiers fighting and dying in Iraq defending?

If you're claiming that CBS said Saddam was involved in 9/11, I'd need a link to the story before I buy that. Even so, there have been several government reports showing it's not true.

Now that you know that I know Saddam and Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, what's your excuse for the Iraqi war?

MsSage said:

From your link: "The lawsuit alleges that Iraqi officials were aware, before Sept. 11, of plans by bin Laden to attack New York and the Pentagon."

So do you think George W. Bush is lying when he says there's no proof that Saddam was involved in 9/11? Or just stupid? Every official study on 9/11 has said there's no proof of a link.

Latest posts