• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is it the SEASON - or a DISEASE?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DOC HARRIS

Reaction score
I have been occupied with some business AND family details recently, and as a result I have been a little uncommunicative with current subjects on the Boards - both Ranchers. net and CattleToday. Perhaps that is the reason why some of the current posts appear to be brittle, harsh, and just absolutely rude. It was my understanding that the justification for participating in rhetorical exchanges on these Boards was for the benefit of those involved in the discussions. A few of the posts that I have read the past few days are devoid of valuable and usable information except for the opportunity of the posters to vent their anger and sarcasm - or - to just say something - ANYTHING - regardless of how inane or senseless it may sound to others!

Perhaps it is the weather, or the pressures of life, or - - - perhaps it is a - disease!! If you will think about it - the commercials on TV recently (the last few dozen years or so!) have been touting NEW and IMPROVED DISEASES and SYNDROMES! Examples: PIGS - "Pain in Gut Syndrome" - or - LOCSD - "Lack Of Common Sense Disease" - and I could go on ad infinitum ad nauseum.

Perhaps the accepted treatment regimen to pursue to arrive at an optimal prognosis for these condtions should be a therapeutic infusion of "THE SEASON" - a THOROUGHLY investigated and tested THERAPY designed to alleviate symptoms of Anger, Hate, Disgust, Sarcasm, Cynicysm, Hostility, Maliciousness, and similar side effects. It is NOT a panacea or a nostrum, but a guaranteed preventive approach to reverse the Pathology which seems to me to be pervading these pages lately.

I would suggest that we return to an Adult and Responsible approach to Agricultural Pursuits rather than pandering to 'Children's Games" and offering suggestions to those unprepared to capitalize on those words of wisdom.

DOC HARRIS

Doc,

I find I only go into the "Bull Session" portion of this site occasionally, maybe every month or so...It doesn't take long to remember why.....The folks on this side don't always agree, but they tend to Disagree in a manner that I tend to agree with, LOL,

Anyways, I always enjoy your thots,

PPRM

Latest posts