• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is it time for Gingrich and Paul to drop out....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
....and let Romney and Santorum go head to head?

Santorum is leading Romney by about 12 points nationally at this point and that is without the support that would tranfer if Gingrich and Paul were to drop out.

"Romney the inevitable" :lol: :lol:

I think what happened is that people in the beginning were listening to the media about Santoru. They discounted him at every turn and so many thought he couldn't make it. Now they know he can, so will all the stops come out.

Ron Paul should have dropped out the day he opened his mouth and told voters about his foreign policy and how Iran is not a threat. :roll:

He keeps saying he is doing good at getting Delegates, HOW can he be?

Tam said:
Ron Paul should have dropped out the day he opened his mouth and told voters about his foreign policy and how Iran is not a threat. :roll:

Now Rand Paul is another story

Larrry said:
Tam said:

I think Ron's whole premise is to build a legacy to pass on to Rand, who will be seen more in the middle. I think he will have a real chance of getting the nod.

It will take someone with a lot of Ron Paul's ideals to slim down this monster we have created. But his foreign policy is no bueno.

okfarmer said:
Larrry said:
Tam said:

I think Ron's whole premise is to build a legacy to pass on to Rand, who will be seen more in the middle. I think he will have a real chance of getting the nod.

It will take someone with a lot of Ron Paul's ideals to slim down this monster we have created. But his foreign policy is no bueno.

But a majority of folks are tired of the US being nation builders and the policemen of the world- and more and more agree with the Pauls that while we need a strong military for our defense if attacked-- we need to keep our noses out of a lot of foreign issues.....

CNN Poll: Americans favor diplomacy against Iran

February 15, 2012
Posted by
CNN Political Unit
Washington (CNN) - A majority of Americans don't want the U.S. to take military action to force Iran to shut down its nuclear program, according to a new national survey.

A CNN/ORC International poll released Wednesday indicates that only 17% of the public wants the U.S. to use force, with 60% saying diplomatic or economic action against Iran is the right response, and 22% saying no action should be taken at this time.

---------------------------------------
The survey indicates that men are slightly more willing to use military force than women, but that option is unpopular with both genders. Only 21% of men support military action against Iran; for women, that figure drops to 14%.

"This is one issue on which Republicans and Democrats agree," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Republicans are a little more likely than Democrats to prefer military action, but a majority of Republicans, independents and Democrats say they favor economic and diplomatic efforts over a military option."

Ed Schultz: 'Having Seen Santorum On The Stump, He's As Good As President Obama'

During MSNBC's election coverage of the Iowa caucuses, liberal firebrand Ed Schultz made an astounding observation about Republican hopeful Rick Santorum. "When Rick Santorum is out on the stump, he is as good as President Obama," Schultz explained, without a hint of irony. He then detailed many of the former Pennsylvania Senator's qualities.

Not that I'm a conservative in any way, stretch of the imagination, but having seen Santorum on the stump, he is as good as President Obama. I mean, he is a good retail politic guy. He gets in that crowd and those people are believing what he is saying. He's got a very unique quality and he connects with people; he is not a bus stop kind of candidate. He gets in their face, answers their question, gets away from the bullet points and gets very explanatory. There are qualities about him that I think conservatives would really gravitate to."

Newt has 42 at present....if he were to drop out now, Santorum would be ahead of Romney by the end of Super Tuesday......

As of the End of Super Tuesday based on Current Polling (State by State Breakdown in Google Doc Link)

Romney - 324

Santorum - 241

Newt - 150

Paul - 51

Uncommitted/Undecided Superdelegates: 33

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhY4oeNgAv_ldDBVVWdKUE5mOVZWdVZIdmVOa2ZCc1E#gid=0

Latest posts