• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is Pat Buchanan a real Conservative?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
If so, he sure doesn't have anything good to say about Bush's Iraqi war. Link below; my emphasis.

"Is America preparing to pull out of Iraq without victory?
Are we ready to leave that war-ravaged land without any assurance a free, democratic, pro-Western Iraq will survive? Is President Bush willing to settle for less than we all thought?
So it would seem. For it is difficult to draw any other conclusion from the just-completed Rumsfeld mission."

and

"What is going on? "The struggle against the Iraqi insurgency has passed a crucial tipping point," writes UPI's senior news analyst Martin Sieff."

and

"Previously, the administration had denounced war critics who spoke of timetables, arguing that they signal the enemy to go to earth, build its strength, and strike weakened U.S. forces during the pullout.
Now, America's top general is talking timetables."

and

"The reasons for America's impatience are understandable. First, the poll numbers are turning against the war, with half the American people now believing the United States will not win it.
Second, two years into a guerrilla war, the Iraqis, whose fathers and brothers fought Iran to a standstill in an eight-year bloodbath in the 1980s, still cannot cope with an insurgency of 20,000 to 30,000 enemy. Or not enough are willing to fight."

and

"Fourth, the new Iraqi constitution is reportedly not going to track the work of Madison and Hamilton, and women look like the big losers. If the new Iraq resembles Iran, Americans are unlikely to support having sons and daughters dying to defend such a regime, elected or not.
Then there is the budding Baghdad-Tehran axis."

and

"Should civil war break out as Americans depart, Iran would move to fill the gap with weaponry and perhaps volunteers to assist their Shia brethren in keeping Iraq in friendly hands. A Sunni-Shia war in Iraq, with Iran aiding one side and Arab nations the other, becomes a real possibility.
No wonder the Pentagon sounds impatient to get out. By the way, has anyone heard from Wolfowitz?"

(My comment: Of course we have heard from Wolfowitz! Bush promoted him because he did such a good job getting us into a quagmire in Iraq!)

Brad S said:
Buchannan is an isolationist, Opposes NAFTA CAFTA trade on both borders.

Gawd, Dis is stupid.
Actually Pat is a good old school conservative. The bunch that are your heroes aren't conservatives at all they are neo-cons. By the way can't you reply to Disagreeable without insulting him????? You and your buds pile on like a bunch of junior high kids.

Is it not stupid to assume there is a single "conservative voice?" I've proven Dishonorable a liar too many times.

btw, Pat is an isolationist, economic as well as cultural. Conservatives are free traders. Ironic, lieing while propping Dishonorable.

If Bush drives the leftistas to champion state's rights, he will be a great president. When the left goes federalism (sombody better tell Ginsberg) let's snatch an agreement.

If he gives a person a chioce to invest some of his/her money in something besides the losingest investiment short of being swindled, he belongs on Mt Rushmore.

Reader, I never bought the crap that you were a moderate, and you are
exposed.

Where the hell were all the civil rights protecting leftistas when executive order Bill signed an executive order allowing warrantless searches for guns in homes in the projects? Bush isn't really my guy, but I'll take him over the list of Communists offered by the DNC the last several decades, and Bush is political enough to kick the hell out of counterfeits like the DNC

Brad S said:
Is it not stupid to assume there is a single "conservative voice?" I've proven Dishonorable a liar too many times.

btw, Pat is an isolationist, economic as well as cultural. Conservatives are free traders. Ironic, lieing while propping Dishonorable.
You are guit the angry fellow. How is it a lie to state your opinion??? You are a typical internet COWARD. You would Sh*t your pants if someone stood up to you in real life.

How about George Will? Is he a Conservative? Quote; link below; my emphasis.

"On Oct. 23, just 10 days before the election, the war in Iraq will have lasted as long as the 584-day U.S. involvement in World War I, from the April 6, 1917, declaration of war to the Nov. 11, 1918, armistice. And probably in late September or early October the number of U.S. military deaths in Iraq will pass 1,000.

The war already has lasted longer than the Spanish-American War (230 days), and on Dec. 9, 42 days before the next president is inaugurated, the war will be longer than was the war with Mexico (630 days). It will not last as long as the war against Philippine insurgents (4,000 U.S. and 200,000 Philippine dead) that followed U.S. annexation and festered intermittently for 14 years. The annexation was defended in 1901 by the president of Princeton University..."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9781-2004Aug17.html

There is no difference in Saddam's invasion of Kuwait and George W. Bush's decision to invade Iraq, except that we're the world power. But it's been shown over and over that military might doesn't necessarily make right.

Brad S said:

:D Right. Show me one time that you've proven me a liar. :lol:

Latest posts