• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is this another sanctioned Christian action?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

The Bodies Of 800 Babies Were Found In The Septic Tank Of A Former Home For Unwed Mothers In Ireland

The Home, described as a boarding institution for "fallen women" and their "illegitimate" children, was closed and destroyed in 1961.

posted on June 3, 2014, at 11:25 a.m.

The remains of up to 800 children were found in a septic tank on a site where there once stood a home for unwed mothers and their children in Tuam, Ireland, according to reports.

Local historian Catherine Corless found the death records for the children as she was researching what was simply known as "The Home," which operated from 1925 to 1961 and has since been destroyed. The grave was discovered by a group of boys who spotted human remains through cracked concrete.

The septic tank is located at the site where The Home once stood, where there is now a playground and a housing development.

Unwed mothers were sent to institutions like The Home, run by Catholic nuns, both as a punishment for becoming pregnant out of wedlock and to spare their families the shame of an illegitimate child.

Mothers lost all claims to their children, who were regularly put up for adoption, often to families in the United States. The women in these institutions were made to labor without pay for two to three years to atone for their sins.

Infant mortality rates at The Home were staggering, as they were at similar homes for unwed mothers.

"Statistics show a quarter of all babies born outside marriage in the 1930s in Ireland died before their first birthdays," noted Cahir D'ortery of Irish Central.

The causes of death for the children at The Home included "malnutrition, measles, convulsions, tuberculosis, gastroenteritis and pneumonia," reported The Irish Mail on Sunday.

The Home Babies (as they were called) who survived were often ostracized in Irish society until they were adopted out.

Irish Independent, November 11, 1957 / Via Twitter: @Limerick1914

"The nuns telegraphed the message that they were different and that we should keep away from them," said Corless, the historian. "They didn't suggest we be nice to them. In fact if you acted up in class some nuns would threaten to seat you next to the Home Babies."

Plans for a memorial service for the lost children and the erection of a marker at the site of the mass grave are currently underway.

The Catholic Church is scheduled to meet with the nuns who ran The Home, the Bon Secours Sisters, and have formed a committee, which includes Corless, to raise money for "a small commemorative statue and a plaque with the names of the deceased."

Some are using the internet to press for an investigation into the Tuam deaths via an online petition and tweets with tags like #800DeadBabies and #HomeBabies.

From my perspective-- Some that condemn other religions as being so bad- better look into their own history and work a little harder at getting their own straightened out... :shock:

Let's see - - 1925 to 1961. Infant mortality rate in the 1930s. Hmmm.

Versus - - Sept. 11, 2001. Any day of any year since them. Hmmm.

Sounds like a real good comparison to me.

Tom in TN

Oldtimer said:
Mike said:
Radical Muslims are barbaric. Deal with it. :roll:

Maybe they took lessons from these Catholic nuns...

Postulate away. Who knows?

I was not old enough to vote back then and it did not happen in the U.S. so my vote would not have an impact any way.

It is a sad situation in my opinion no matter who is at fault. Thousands of adoptee parents going over seas because they cannot adopt here. That's fact. These kids could have been "rescued".

Tom in TN said:

Tom in TN

When your ignorant your ignorant, doubt the little b!tch has ever heard of epidemiology, much less tried to comprehend it. I mean, when your dumb enough to post an article that list a number of deadly diseases as the cause of death, and then tries to pin it on the nuns...... all the while apologizing for muslims that kill thousands yearly. You have to be a special kind of little bitch. The kind that tries to dismiss a personal account of a soldier because he used his twitter account. Then wouldn't stand behind his own assessment when called on it. The same kind of little bitch that would disrespect marines that do more in an hour than the POS has done in a lifetime. The same kind of little bitch that will threaten gun violence because she's getting her a$$ handed to her for lying again.

Come on little bitch, stand behind your statement. Take the bet. You're always way more informed. Prove it.

If I remember correctly, these odds are still better than a black child actually being born in NY.

Were any of them beheaded or stoned to death?

Traveler said:
If I remember correctly, these odds are still better than a black child actually being born in NY.

Yea, but that's the "Democratic" Religious Cult. :wink:

From my perspective-- Some that condemn other religions as being so bad- better look into their own history and work a little harder at getting their own straightened out.

I am not a Catholic.. my grandmother was... one of the finest grandmothers you could ever find... not only took care of her children through the depression, but took in anothers' child..

I never heard on unkind word from her towards anyone.. let alone an unkind act..

and she is just one of the many fine Catholics I know..

their church establishment has made huge mistakes.. and with new leadership it is working on them.. because the members demanded they work on getting right with GOD, and society.

that isn't happening with islam..

Records indicate that the former Tuam workhouse's septic tank was converted specifically to serve as the body disposal site for the orphanage.

Respectful of the unmarked grave in their midst, residents long have kept the grass trimmed and built a small grotto with a statue of the Virgin Mary.

http://www.shepherdstownchronicle.com/page/content.detail/id/517531/Irish-church-under-fire-over-children-s-mass-grave.html?isap=1&nav=5134

iwannabeacowboy said:
Let me get the straight LB, you are or are not for abortion (killing) of "unwanted" children?

Hasn't he already stated that unwed mothers are saving the taxpayer money, by killing their children?

hypocritexposer said:
iwannabeacowboy said:
Let me get the straight LB, you are or are not for abortion (killing) of "unwanted" children?

Hasn't he already stated that unwed mothers are saving the taxpayer money, by killing their children?

He most certainly has made statements to that effect.

iwannabeacowboy said:
Tom in TN said:

Tom in TN

When your ignorant your ignorant, doubt the little b!tch has ever heard of epidemiology, much less tried to comprehend it. I mean, when your dumb enough to post an article that list a number of deadly diseases as the cause of death, and then tries to pin it on the nuns...... all the while apologizing for muslims that kill thousands yearly. You have to be a special kind of little bad word. The kind that tries to dismiss a personal account of a soldier because he used his twitter account. Then wouldn't stand behind his own assessment when called on it. The same kind of little bad word that would disrespect marines that do more in an hour than the POS has done in a lifetime. The same kind of little bad word that will threaten gun violence because she's getting her a$$ handed to her for lying again.

Come on little bad word, stand behind your statement. Take the bet. You're always way more informed. Prove it.

*you're *you're *you're

If you are going to call someone ignorant and dumb don't sound like an ignorant jack@ass while doing so.

Bullhauler said:
iwannabeacowboy said:
Tom in TN said:

Tom in TN

When your ignorant your ignorant, doubt the little b!tch has ever heard of epidemiology, much less tried to comprehend it. I mean, when your dumb enough to post an article that list a number of deadly diseases as the cause of death, and then tries to pin it on the nuns...... all the while apologizing for muslims that kill thousands yearly. You have to be a special kind of little bad word. The kind that tries to dismiss a personal account of a soldier because he used his twitter account. Then wouldn't stand behind his own assessment when called on it. The same kind of little bad word that would disrespect marines that do more in an hour than the POS has done in a lifetime. The same kind of little bad word that will threaten gun violence because she's getting her a$$ handed to her for lying again.

Come on little bad word, stand behind your statement. Take the bet. You're always way more informed. Prove it.

*you're *you're *you're

If you are going to call someone ignorant and dumb don't sound like an ignorant jack@ass while doing so.

Dear Bullpucky, have you heard of autocorrect? I often leave out of the apostrophe for speed and write youre on my phone. It is true I didn't proof read, it is such a pain on the small screen of a cell phone.

In any event, I submitted a post with the incorrect spelling of the contraction for you are.

I'm more than man enough to admit when a mistake has been made. That is called being honest. I dare you to find an example of LB doing such.

Being that the spelling mistake is your only rebuttal, it is apparent that you must agree with the content of the post and the many others before and after.

I would like to thank you for your support. :lol:

iwannabeacowboy said:
Bullhauler said:
iwannabeacowboy said:

*you're *you're *you're

Dear Bullpucky, have you heard of autocorrect? I often leave out of the apostrophe for speed and write youre on my phone. It is true I didn't proof read, it is such a pain on the small screen of a cell phone.

In any event, I submitted a post with the incorrect spelling of the contraction for you are.

I'm more than man enough to admit when a mistake has been made. That is called being honest. I dare you to find an example of LB doing such.

Being that the spelling mistake is your only rebuttal, it is apparent that you must agree with the content of the post and the many others before and after.

I would like to thank you for your support. :lol:

It wasn't a spelling mistake. You used the wrong dang word while you called someone else ignorant and stupid. That is what makes you an ignorant jack@ass.

Have to remember folks that bull hauler is perfect in every way,,, spelling mister,,, language perfectionist, bull thrower!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
not even as perfect as Obama though :roll: :roll: :roll:

your
[yoor, yawr, yohr; unstressed yer] Show IPA
pronoun
(a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea. Compare yours.
one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
(used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.

I would have said.. in reference to OT's not comprehending the argument... when you are ignorant, your ignorant.
(in other words.. OT owns or possesses his ignorance..)

but it looks as is what he wrote is correct... just not what I would have wrote..

now if I had a highfalutin education, I might be able to be more critical..
so what we need to do is find someone with a education to settle this... :lol:

Latest posts