• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is this normal?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mrs.Greg

Reaction score
We aren't really happy with our phone{house & cell},& internet provider.Basically we couldn't get any incoming calls this last Nov. Dec & Jan.They tried saying it was the line into our house,something that's our issue. Because we couldn't get a hold of our neighbors we didn't realize,THEY also were having the same issue,getting the same song & dance.Once we got this info. the LINE was fixed.Our fast dial-up,is crap,I can't hardly open pictures anymore.SOOOO,to add to this,we were in Jamaica middle of March for my nephews wedding,day 5 I was getting pretty homesick,so greg said call home {our daughter was spending the week at our place looking after the horses,dogs & cats} I tried on gregs cell phone to call out,message said our provider could not connect,about that time the sweet little Jamaican girl that came nightly to fold down our beds knocked on door,she relayed I couldn't call out on the cell. I tried ONCE. Today ran to town & picked up our mail,the roaming charge was $96 :shock: :eek: .

So after making a short story long.....is that normal for the roaming charges on an unconnected call out be that pricey....or is it just our provider?????

Must be on Telus? :mad: They just don't care if there isn't much alternative. We have options here and the service has greatly improved. Roaming charges can add up but I would certainly let them know that no service means no payment. What's the worst that could happen? They could cancel your lousy service. :roll:

$96? :shock: :shock: :shock: I'd sure call and complain, and keep complaining until you get somewhere

per said:
Must be on Telus? :mad: They just don't care if there isn't much alternative. We have options here and the service has greatly improved. Roaming charges can add up but I would certainly let them know that no service means no payment. What's the worst that could happen? They could cancel your lousy service. :roll:
Yup,thats the provider,and we don't have any alternative at the moment. We're looking into other internet options but are stuck with them for our phone's :? Our phone lines also got crossed this weekend and our neighbors were getting our calls & vise-versa... :roll: I am going to complain but wasn't sure just how much a roaming charge normally was. I've heard they're high but this is kinda robbery,IMHO

I'm so glad I don't have Telus anymore except for the home phone and they don't carry my long distance, I use Primus for that.
I don't have a cell phone anymore because there is virtually no service on the southside of Francois Lake. I had the same problem with the incoming calls as well and didn't know it until one of the neighbours mentioned that they couldn't get through. It is their problem with that. The ringer cards they use are old and just need to be replaced. Its a matter of seconds for them to do it, but they like to put the blame on the customer and give the big song and dance about how you have to be checking this or that and maybe if its something on their end it might take 3 or more months to get it fixed. :mad: :mad: . Good thing I know the Telus repair guy here. If I have trouble I just tell him and he fixes it without me having to call Telus. I'm sure that Telus has their own BS school that train their employees well. :mad:

Since you were calling country to country I'd not be surprised that the roaming was out the roof.

Mine was over $600 from Egypt once......and about $400 from England.

Really, all phone companies are thieves if you ask me.

Out of the Country? :???: :? Isn't the US a Satellite of Canada? :???: :? :wink: :)

per said:
Out of the Country? :???: :? Isn't the US a Satellite of Canada? :???: :? :wink: :)

But she was in Jamaica. :wink: Lucky huzzie!!!! :wink: :wink:

It's sky high from the Bahamas also........ I try NOT to use my cell phone when out of country.

I now get one of those pre paid ' phone cards' and use them.....MUCH MUCH cheaper!!!

kolanuraven said:
per said:

But she was in Jamaica. :wink: Lucky huzzie!!!! :wink: :wink:

It's sky high from the Bahamas also........ I try NOT to use my cell phone when out of country.

I now get one of those pre paid ' phone cards' and use them.....MUCH MUCH cheaper!!!

Wasn't paying attention to the details. :) Roaming charges are as big a rip off as a dentist.

Believe it or not, there weren't any charges from Cozumel. Anywhere else, it's usually buy a phone card to take with.

We've never traveled out of Canada before{other then drivin into Montana}so I didn't know anything about phonecards :???:But really $96 for a call that was never connected...

Jigger,grrrr,ringer cards,3 months through Christmas,man that upsets me. We bought new phones,3 of them because they told us it was our phones....that didn't work then they had us do stuff on the computer,then said maybe a gopher{ :roll: } chewed through our lines...blahhh blahhh blahhh.Plus they told us we were the only ones complaining about our phone not ringing through,THEN to find out 5 of our neighbors were having the same issue{guess they figured we couldn't talk so we couldn't find out}

It kills me,10 million teenagers text 298 billion texts in a minute and they can't get a landline to work properly...... :roll:

cowsense said:
Hmmm.....................6956 posts todate..........phone line must work some of the time!!! :roll: :roll: :lol:

:wink:
:p The phone wouldn't ring through yet our internet still worked :???:

your just mad cause Lily outdid U guys in the man school thread...... :wink:

It is much cheaper to never go further than from home to the cow sale and never own a cell phone. :wink: :p :D

Our satelite phone here costs 29.95 per month for unlimited minutes in 19 countries.

gcreekrch said:
Our satelite phone here costs 29.95 per month for unlimited minutes in 19 countries.

OK.... now you've got my attention. What's the story on that sat phone? :shock:

Silver said:
gcreekrch said:

Yeah, details..........

Silver said:
gcreekrch said:

You've talked with me on it so you know the reception. Not 100% reliable as sometimes a space-ship flies between here and the satelite. :D
Our internet provider is xplornet.com, the phone is connected through the net and the provider is Dolphin Communications. I understand that xplornet now has their own phone service, it may be better as 2 companies won't be scrapping.

The only thing to get used to is the 10-15 second delay for connection to the party you are calling and having them hang up several times before they get mad enough to stay on and cuss you out.
I tell folks that if it's the creepy caller that doesn't answer right away it's probably me. 8)

gcreekrch said:
Silver said:
gcreekrch said:

You've talked with me on it so you know the reception. Not 100% reliable as sometimes a space-ship flies between here and the satelite. :D
Our internet provider is xplornet.com, the phone is connected through the net and the provider is Dolphin Communications. I understand that xplornet now has their own phone service, it may be better as 2 companies won't be scrapping.

The only thing to get used to is the 10-15 second delay for connection to the party you are calling and having them hang up several times before they get mad enough to stay on and cuss you out.
I tell folks that if it's the creepy caller that doesn't answer right away it's probably me. 8)
LOL,maybe you should warn people about the delay before you call them.... :p

Mrs.Greg said:
gcreekrch said:
Silver said:

LOL,maybe you should warn people about the delay before you call them.... :p

There's an idea, call to tell them that next time you call there will be a delay. :? :wink: :D :D

As far as out of country travel goes unless you have set up over sees, out of country connection with telus ahead of time you more than likely will not be able to connect,,,as far as roaming fees and unable to connect this is a bunch of BS,, put your foot down and demand that it is removed or that they give you a credit...FWIW if you have flip flopped between service providers in the past you will get nothing from them ,,they want loyal customers..

Telus is good only to the adage "squeaky wheel gets the grease" b@tch and moan and threaten to leave and you will get discounts as well as tip top service..Take the bull sh@t and that is exactly what they will give you

Jm2cents

Latest posts