• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Island sandstone house

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redcountry

Reaction score
farm043.jpg

The Island stone is red sandstone
this is a early spring shot of our house
________
Toyota RAV4 specifications

Very nice. Looks like you can drive right to your door without raising any dust. :wink: You have a beautiful place.

A neighbor clear down in the hills went most of his life with just a sandy trail road to his house. He dreamed of the time when there would be a decent road. Finally the county put a nice gravel road into that area, which also serviced one more ranch to the east. About that time, the rancher was getting up in years and had developed emphysema from a lifetime of smoking. The road, which had been so looked forward to for so many years, then became not nearly so desirable. Everytime someone would drive by, the dust in the air bothered him, even when he was in his house.

I got one word for you, redcountry...

WOW!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

What pretty country and that house looks like one you'd gladly call "home"!!

Ditto, ditto, ditto, red country. Really pretty birch trees, too, which borers kill in our area. They always look so clean and bright with evergreens.

Soapweed said:
Very nice. Looks like you can drive right to your door without raising any dust. :wink: You have a beautiful place.

A neighbor clear down in the hills went most of his life with just a sandy trail road to his house. He dreamed of the time when there would be a decent road. Finally the county put a nice gravel road into that area, which also serviced one more ranch to the east. About that time, the rancher was getting up in years and had developed emphysema from a lifetime of smoking. The road, which had been so looked forward to for so many years, then became not nearly so desirable. Everytime someone would drive by, the dust in the air bothered him, even when he was in his house.
Dont get me wrong, I feel sorry for the old guy. But I couldnt help but to laugh at the story. I guess a fellow has to be careful what he wishes for.

RoperAB said:
Soapweed said:

Dont get me wrong, I feel sorry for the old guy. But I couldnt help but to laugh at the story. I guess a fellow has to be careful what he wishes for.

Yes, RoperAB, I know what you mean. The last couple years of his life, he really suffered from the emphysema, and it became very hard for him to breathe. He said once that he'd give half his ranch for just one more big decent gulp of fresh air. Wealth doesn't have much meaning without health.

Soapweed this has nothing to do with your friend, but yet it got me thinking. Have you ever noticed that when you have the health you dont have the time or when you have the time you dont have the money?
Maybe this is to abstract and nobody knows what im talking about but we have to get out of the making a living rut or doing what we are sapposed to be doing and just go for it and do it.
Seems like youth and good health are just wasted by most.

RoperAB said:
Soapweed this has nothing to do with your friend, but yet it got me thinking. Have you ever noticed that when you have the health you dont have the time or when you have the time you dont have the money?
Maybe this is to abstract and nobody knows what im talking about but we have to get out of the making a living rut or doing what we are sapposed to be doing and just go for it and do it.

A person is never thirsty until the well goes dry.

How come when you are home by the fire, you wish you were having an adventure, and when you are having an adventure, you wish you were home by the fire?

Soapweed said:
RoperAB said:

A person is never thirsty until the well goes dry.

How come when you are home by the fire, you wish you were having an adventure, and when you are having an adventure, you wish you were home by the fire?

Because anticipation of future adventures and rememberance of past adventures are the sweetest part of adventures :wink:

Nice home redcountry,was the brick drive planned, or left over brick from the house ?...........good luck

The driveway is pavingstone, a product made by shaw brick in
Nova Scotia.

The house is a natural sandstone picked up around fields,every stone is split with a sledge to 6 inches thick and set in mortor,it took a lot of truck loads of stone to get enough to do the house and shop (seen behind the truck).
________
vapolution vaporizer

Latest posts