• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

It ain't gonna snow no more

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cowpuncher

Reaction score
Beginning to think that there is something to the global warming theory.

We have gone through more than half the winter with almost no snow, or rain either, for that matter.

It seems that winters are milder here than they used to be. Surprisingly, in the mountains just 50 miles from here they have had 300 inches of snow snow already and the wet part of winter is yet to come.

Looked at the winter wheat today. It is still dormant and in good shape, but not far away, most of it has blown away. Wind had been fierce this year.

Do other "oldtimers" think that the weather is changing or not. I believe it is, but that mankind doesn't have anything to do with it.

I was almost buying that global warming weather pattern change until 2 winters ago we set all new records for snow amount--80+ inchs for the year- mostly in blizzards...Then last year we set many new records for cold--- down in the minus 30 and minus 40 degree range...I'll take this years global warning anytime :wink: :lol: ....

And as far as moisture if the old 90 days after the fog holds up we should have a wet spring up here - starting about the first of April (probably a wet snowstorm)..

hi cowpuncher
i agree with oldtimer lived in your part of the world for 2 years and the first winter we didn't see much snow or cold for that matter and then last winter seems like we had alot of snow i fed every bite they got for a long time in jan and feb
we had some wheat up at model and i thought it was done for but it realy came about the time the alfafa started bloating the cattle i lived up east of trinidad on the mesa at barela and the grass came good last summer after all the snow
however this year is shure not that way we live in hereford texas now and we have not seen any winter this year and the wheat never did any good here so i'm hoping for spring rain now so we'll have some grass to turn out on

You guy's who live in the south don't even know what winter is.But I would'nt trade with you your hot weather would kill a Fat Norweigen from Mn.Beside's the cold gives us an excuse to snuggle up with mama...

OT-

I sure agree with you on this. One ole fella up says for every fog/hoar frost you get a day of rain. If this holds true we will have one heck of a wet spring. We ve got well over 6 inches of snow up here and maybe some more tonight and tomorrow.
As for the warmer temps than usual I can handle those, after last years cold. Except this morning it was -31 dont know where that came from.... :???:

Latest posts