• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

It has already started

Help Support Ranchers.net:

reader the second: 2 BSE cows in 11 days then.

that's one perspective; another is 3 bse cows in something like eleven or twelve years. i guess it depends on whether you take the r-calf perspective or the frenzied, manic, rage-filled canadian perspective.

I stated that I don't like R-CALF's protectionist views but that that is their right to have these views.

Even if they are lies that out to destroy consumer confidence in a product that is rasied to a higher standard that the US product?

I see no reason that there should be more cases in Canada given that both countries followed the same practices,

But we don't follow the same practices remember the loopholes in the feed ban that I told you were still there. And Canada's recommended testing and the testing the US is doing.

I find Dittmer's writing style blatantly propagandistic -- he has a right to say whatever he wants but I dislike that style

You were asked by Agman to point out what Dittmer said that was not true but I guess you were to busy

I have worked with big business and PR firms in the past and the mechanism they employ is set up a foundation with a nominal head who is a PR person to run a campaign against their competion or perceived threats or for them

Do you mean like what Dittmer is doing to protect our North American beef industry from threats and the LIES R-CALF PR men like Leo McDonnell and Bullard like to spout.

Hat is an unpaid hack and less effective by far than Dittmer. Hack is someone out drumming up support for one side or the other.

With all the unpaid hacks and paid hack on R-CALFs ban wagon including the anti beef groups that R-CALF brought into the fight I would say the beef industry is going to need a few more Dittmer's if we are going to survive BSE.

I understand your ire with R-CALF although frankly I believe it is the administration and USDA that did you wrong,

Was USDA lieing about the safety of Canadian beef just to protect the historically high cattle prices that had little to do with the border being closed? and getting court injunctions then backing way from the main reason they got that injunction by saying we never argued that there was a great risk from importing Canadian cattle and beef?

I don't count an NCBA delegation as taking a second look

You don't like paid hacks that support openning the border, you don't trust NCBA when they say Canada is doing a good job but you think R-CALF has a right to lie and destroy consumer confidence to protect high cattle prices.

USDA sure didn't stop and consider but clearly was going to open the border regardless of the four cows

This shows just how little you know. the USDA were going to open the border in Jan 2004 but they stopped when they found cow number two the Washington cow. They reopenned the comment period so to get the comments from all concerned citizen then they looked at all those comments and wrote a ruling that covered the whole issue which this process took them almost a year of studing risk accessments and comments and OIE recommendations. The USDA was told about the third cow before the announcement but they had already covered the concerns in the final ruling if we were to find additional cases so why through the whole years work out. They choose to go ahead with the announcement because they were the ones that studied the comments and the risk accessments not you or R-CALF.

I don't think that the USDA should have ignored Cow 3 and 4 discovered in 11 day period.

No and I don't think they should ignor the fact the we never found any from MAY 20, 2003 until Dec 2004 either or the fact that we haven't found another since we found the two so close together. But you seem to think they should. Finding two that close together means nothing except we are looking in the right place to find them. If you want to worry why don't you turn your attention to why the U.S hasn't found any.

You can write and write and write (as you do)

:lol: this coming from a person that has 483 posts to her credit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta love the free entertainment on "this here internet"!!! :lol: :lol:

It's like Michelangelo meets PeeWee Herman most days!!!!
But gulldernit,Ole peewee just never gives up!!!!!! Thats sumthin'!!!!!

Reader the 2nd, Can you show me the scientific study that PROVES that BSE is transmitted through feed??? How about the one that PROVES that vCJD in humans is caused by eating beef?????.........

I didn't think so!!!!! Maybe I'll just have 2 glasses of wine and return to my frenzied, manic,nutty state of mind and proceed to quote unproven theory as fact .

Gotta run.... I've got cows calving and if I don't look after them people like you will be paying 30% of your income for food instead of 8%.You're welcome.And beside that , my knees are sore from slapping them and my sides hurt from all the laughing . :lol: :lol:
Wanna buy a Hat????? :p :p :p

cowsense said:
Reader 2nd...... Humour me and explain how "organic beef" is safer than the regular product???

cowsense-- to the consumer much of it is in the perception- the same as Canadian beef is perceived by many to be higher risk....

Latest posts