• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

It must suck to be you

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Texan

Reaction score
It must really suck to be one of you Obama supporters. All of the grand plans you had. All the talk of "HOPE" and "CHANGE" and all of that silly crap. All the starry-eyed dreams you had when you listened to your Messiah's big talk. All of the wet dreams you had each night after his grand speeches that made your cohorts swoon and faint. And now?

Now, do you ever talk about his accomplishments and all of his successes? Do you still talk about "HOPE" and do you still talk about "CHANGE?" Nooooo...

Now, all you can do is discuss Rick Perry, Sarah Palin, "Faux News" and the Tea Party. And we're all laughing our asses off because we tried to tell you. :lol2:

090822-sorry2.jpg

090822-sorry1.jpg

there is even a website and support group for those who have realized the hopychangy thing isn't working out.. and you get a neat bumper sticker designed to cover your Obama 08 sticker..

and your therapy is covered by Obama-Care starting in January of 2013,..

January 24, 2010
Why I Regret Voting For President Obama
Real Clear Politics
By Jill Dorson

I am a registered Independent. I voted for Barack Obama. And for that, I am sorry.

I'm not sorry for you. I'm sorry for me. Because I voted for Obama for me, not for you. I voted for hope and change and all the intangibles that Obama was peddling in the wake of the financial crisis, Sarah Palin, Sept. 11 and all the other ills that shook our country in the last decade. I wanted something new. Something different. What I got was, I suppose, exactly what I voted for - a spin doctor. And not a very good one at that.

Before John McCain unwittingly picked a tabloid-magazine cover girl for his running mate, I was leaning toward going Republican this time around. I did the second time Bush was on the ballot and I very nearly did the first time, too. But as soon as Palin climbed out of her igloo and onto the national scene, well, there was no turning back for me.

You see, I felt my choice was to risk McCain dropping dead and letting the world's most well-known hockey mom run this country, or to believe that Obama would surround himself with educated people and that he was smart enough to take their advice.

I was right. He is smart enough to seek counsel. I'm just outraged at the counsel he's seeking these days. Key financial leaders who are tax cheats come immediately to mind, but as the recent terror attack made clear to me, the idea that a president of the most powerful nation in the world could think it was OK to have a Homeland Security chief with such a loose grasp of what terrorism is and how it works is troubling.

I was right there laughing when George W. Bush struggled with the names of countries around the world early in his tenure. And while my knowledge of foreign policy is limited, I thought Bush's was lousy, too. But after Sept. 11, I saw a man with no charisma step up and fight for this country, its citizens and its freedom. Bush became a leader.

Seven years later, I am ashamed to say that I was blinded by charisma. Obama was so convincing that I stopped caring about what he knew and started getting caught up in the euphoria. Imagine having a president who came from a broken home, who had money troubles, who did grass-roots community service? A young father. The first black president. It pains me to admit I got caught up in the hoopla.

But McCain made it easy. He's a smart man, I don't doubt that. But between picking Palin, suggesting that the first debates be delayed and, well, picking Palin, he made it easy for Obama to win. As Election Day drew near, all Obama had to do was keep his mouth shut to win.

All that changed when the Obama campaign became the Obama administration. I was a small business owner during 2008 election and my business ultimately failed under the weight of a horrendous economy. I am not ashamed. I worked hard. But I believed that Obama would try to level the playing field between big business and small, between thieves and honest business people, between greed and moderation. Instead, he bailed out the most wicked and left the rest of us fail.

I watched with horror as Obama followed Bush's lead in bailing out banks, auto makers, insurance companies, all of those companies deemed "too big to fail." What does that mean? My small company got thrown under the bus and my savings were ravaged - perhaps Wall Street is using them for bonuses this year.

Not to mention President Obama is recklessly spending our country's future into oblivion.

It was clear after just 90 days what a mistake I'd made. My taxes have gone up and my quality of life has gone down. Hope has given way to disgust and I see now that change is simply a euphemism for "big government."

Like many others, my view is narrow. I vote for the candidate I think will be best for me. I often define myself as a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. But above all, I want to feel safe and I don't want to feel that I am being ripped off. I want a president who inspires me and cares about my contribution to the fabric of the country. I want a president with experience and savvy, a Commander in Chief who puts our country and its citizens first.

I only hope the Republicans can find him the next time around.

Texan said:
It must really suck to be one of you Obama supporters. All of the grand plans you had. All the talk of "HOPE" and "CHANGE" and all of that silly crap. All the starry-eyed dreams you had when you listened to your Messiah's big talk. All of the wet dreams you had each night after his grand speeches that made your cohorts swoon and faint. And now?

Now, do you ever talk about his accomplishments and all of his successes? Do you still talk about "HOPE" and do you still talk about "CHANGE?" Nooooo...

Now, all you can do is discuss Rick Perry, Sarah Palin, "Faux News" and the Tea Party. And we're all laughing our asses off because we tried to tell you. :lol2:

You know, Texan, I don't think I have listened to one of his speeches. No political speech matters, what matters is what you actually do.

Anyone thinking Obama was a messiah or anyone else in politics is the messiah is creating the antichrist. We should not think of any of our leaders in these terms. We should demand, as a Texas jury did with Tom Delay, that our politicians don't sell their responsibilities to the highest bidder but instead do the job they are paid to do---it isn't acting like a corporate board member--it is acting like a representative of the best democracy the world has ever seen but is going through some huge hiccups.

Having said all of that, faux news does still have its problems, Sarah Palin is not the answer (although I wish she were a whole lot smarter and was the answer) and Rick Perry is peddling the same old story that he made more jobs in the Texas economy than anyone else in the national economy but he leaves out the part that many of them were government jobs and in part due to the energy boom-- nothing to do with his policies.

I think Obama was a compromise of many people who didn't want to see the same old in one of the Clintons getting back in power--which I would totally agree with them on that.

It would be nice if the republicans actually had someone who even comes close to doing the job that needs to be done. Our government pandering to corporations and the rich has not helped our national economy---it has wrecked it.

I will say that I am not happy about the republicans blocking government just to make Obama look bad. They can block on all sorts of constructive things but they don't. They didn't block the health care bill in a constructive manner and just tried to stall it. It ended up much like the prescription drug bill that Bush pushed. The principals seemed to be sold to the highest bidder even as those steering ranking committee members were raking in donations for them and their party.

No one should hope for any president to fail because when the president of our country does fail, it is the country that pays for it as we are now. No one should support a personality. They should support the policies they actually stand for--- not the ones they try to sell to get elected.

Tex

hypocritexposer said:
but he leaves out the part that many of them were government jobs and in part due to the energy boom

where are the energy jobs in California and Alaska?

Are you in a comparative mode instead of an analytical one today, hypo?

The energy jobs that are new are the ones in the shale gas which horizontal drilling and fracking made profitable. It wasn't a new find of gas, just a better way to get the gas out that was there. It did create a mini boom and brought in money to the state of Texas (and Louisiana).

Perhaps you want to make a point here--- if so, make it and stop fishing.

I wish Rick Perry had a better track record. It would sure be nice to have an answer that would work.

Tex

Tex wrote:[quote]--it is acting like a representative of the best democracy the world has ever seen but is going through some huge hiccups. [/quote]
We have a Republic- NOT a democracy!

Tex wrote:
It would be nice if the republicans actually had someone who even comes close to doing the job that needs to be done. Our government pandering to corporations and the rich has not helped our national economy---it has wrecked it.

How close does Ron Paul come in your eyes tex?

Tex said:
Texan said:

We should demand, as a Texas jury did with Tom Delay,

Tex

One problem with Delay's trial. It was an injustice and he'll be exonerated on appeal and rightfully so.

http://iusbvision.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/six-reasons-why-tom-delays-conviction-will-be-reversed-on-appeal/

Since you are discussing XL pipeline- what is interesting is those from the cult that keeps yelling "drill baby drill" and says we need to use more domestic oil- besides claiming to be the champions of less regulation and more freedom for industry-------are opposing the line...

Today, the Republican governor of Nebraska, Dave Heineman, urges the federal government to deny a permit to the Keystone XL pipeline because it crosses the Ogallala aquifer. He was quickly followed by a Republican Senator from Nebraska, Mike Johanns, supporting the denial of a permit.

Oldtimer said:
Since you are discussing XL pipeline- what is interesting is those from the cult that keeps yelling "drill baby drill" and says we need to use more domestic oil- besides claiming to be the champions of less regulation and more freedom for industry-------are opposing the line...

They are advocating more domestic drilling while opposing a pipeline that will bring more foreign oil into the US......what hypocrites

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

They are advocating more domestic drilling while opposing a pipeline that will bring more foreign oil into the US......what hypocrites

He don't get it Hypo. I doubt he ever will. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't believe he posted that either. :roll:

Oldtimer said:

Today, the Republican governor of Nebraska, Dave Heineman, urges the federal government to deny a permit to the Keystone XL pipeline because it crosses the Ogallala aquifer. He was quickly followed by a Republican Senator from Nebraska, Mike Johanns, supporting the denial of a permit.

dripping-1.jpg
OMG,.. we have a few of the cult out of lockstep again.. why does that keep happening? why are these guys representing what is best for their states?

who asked them to think for themselves and make decisions? ,.. why can't we keep this "cult" in line? :shock: :? :???: :? :???:

Mike said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

He don't get it Hypo. I doubt he ever will. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can't believe he posted that either. :roll:

Thing is this pipeline is set up to transport US oil too...Right out of the Bakken field... It was one of the requirements the MT Governor required in order to support it... I have heard he blackmailed them to require it to be able to carry up to as much as 25% US oil- altho I've never seen that in writing.....And even few Democrats in MT oppose it.. Even some of the MT Dem blogs have been criticizing the greeny wing that is protesting it.....

In fact the storage port and hookup is supposed to be in FH's area- at Baker Montana (Fallon County)....And there are plans to build pipelines from ND to hook into the main XL pipeline there...

Until then- old Warren Buffett is looking to cash in on a lot of this MT/ND Bakken field oil- and is building several loading ports along his BNSF railroads northern track right now.....

New oil pipeline to be built in county
Posted 7/07/10 (Wed)

By Tina Foreman
Farmer Staff Writer

Oil is big business in western North Dakota, and the biggest challenge continues to be moving the oil out of North Dakota.
Quintana, a Houston, Texas-based company has a proposal that could ultimately help to move some of North Dakota's oil out of the state.
Quintana is proposing to construct an on-ramp of sorts that would allow oil from North Dakota to connect with the Keystone XL Pipeline, a crude pipeline project currently under development by TransCanada.
"The Keystone XL pipeline runs through Montana, but that is as close as it gets to the Bakken and Three Forks activity in North Dakota," says Tony Clark, North Dakota Public Service Commissioner. "Quintana wants to build a pipeline from western North Dakota that would hook up with the Keystone XL pipeline in Montana."
According to Quintana's letter of intent to the North Dakota Public Service Commission, the company is proposing to construct pipeline facilities consisting of a header system that collects crude oil from existing truck stations and gathering systems, as well as at least one proposed gathering system, located in Mountrail, McKenzie, and Williams counties, and a trunkline to transport such collected crude oil to an interconnection with the Keystone XL Pipeline System in Fallon County, Montana. The header portion of the pipeline system will consist of approximately 110 miles of 10-inch and approximately 55 miles of 12-inch steel line for the transportation of crude oil originating from at least six receipt points, four points northeast of Watford City and two points northwest of Watford City. The header system will deliver crude oil to a main trunkline originating at Watford City. The trunkline will consist of approximately 145 miles of 16-inch steel line traversing McKenzie, Billings, Stark, and Golden Valley counties, and will transport the crude oil collected from Watford City to an interconnect with the Keystone XL Pipeline System in Fallon County, Montana.
The proposed trunkline is designed to initially carry up to 100,000 barrels of oil per day, with expansion capability of up to 120,000 barrels of oil per day. The system design contemplates significant storage at the connection to the Keystone Pipeline System to allow for batch deliveries. The crude oil will ultimately be delivered to major marketing and trading points in Cushing, Oklahoma or Nederland, Texas. The pipeline will allow for other possible interconnects with crude oil pipelines in the Baker, Montana, area and locations along the pipeline route in North Dakota.
"The letter of intent is a way for people to give the PSC a heads up that they are planning to start a project," adds Clark. "In this case, Quintana proposed that we shorten the standard one-year waiting period between filing a letter of intent and a siting application to three months."
On June 30, the PSC did okay Quintana's request to shorten the waiting period, but Clark says that this project is still in the planning stages, with the next step being the siting application, which would allow the PSC to see exactly where the pipeline would lay so they could approve or deny the proposal.
Quintana estimates that the total cost of constructing the pipeline will be approximately $250 million, with construction estimated to begin on or before June 2011, with a proposed completion date of March 2013.
"The hope of Quintana is that this pipeline would help to move the Bakken and Three Forks production along at a faster pace, while also helping to increase the price for oil in North Daktoa," adds Clark.

OT, the pipeline will not increase the amount of domestic US oil being drilled for. Pipelines are used for transport.

:roll:

hypocritexposer said:
OT, the pipeline will not increase the amount of domestic US oil being drilled for. Pipelines are used for transport.

WHAT :???: You have to have a way to transport the oil to the refinery--or there is no reason to drill for it....The reason they are putting in the railroad loading ports is because the current system can't handle all that can/will be produced- and the same with the pipeline...

Build it- and they will come....Build it- and they will fill it with oil...

hypocritexposer said:
Oh, are horizontal/directional and fracking new in Texas?

We've had the technology for years.

I know exactly when it started making paying wells because I was managing the wells being brought in at the time. We had vertical wells into the formation forever but they didn't produce enough to push the water out many times, let alone make a well.

We had a lot of trouble with those wells in the beginning and lost a lot of tools down in them as well has having to cut a whole lot of tubing that got worn out going in and out of some of the holes so many times. On one well we lost a tool and just never got it out. We produced out of that well regardless and left it in.

You act like you know about the recent activity in the shell gas but I bet it has been mostly from reading about it somewhere.

The economic activity really picked up in that biz since the last big run up in energy prices in 2008 when natural gas ran up to 17.00 but the price is back down in the 3 to 4 dollar range with the huge finds and good wells. These wells pay at lower dollar gas because they flow that much better than even the "good" vertical wells.

Sure we had horizontal drilling for years---it just wasn't applied that deep to those shale formations. Everyone was surprised how well they worked. It has been a rather recent development in oil and gas exploration so applied and substantially increased proven reserves.

Oldtimer is right about production following the transportation out of a region. Without transportation, the oil is worth about as much as it is if left in the ground. All good planning drills test wells to see whether the formation and block will support the expense of transporting it out by building a pipeline or such.

The Montana governor and other governors do have legitimate environmental concerns over the pipeline as the Yellowstone river spill shows. Going over the Ogallala Aquifer shouldn't be one of them as the pipeline isn't that deep and doesn't inject into the aquifer. The regs on making that pipeline safe (not like BP and their Alaskan pipeline fiasco) are important, but these republicans seem to have a not in my backyard hypocritical approach to oil production just because they want to play spoiler.

Tex

hypocritexposer said:

That is an uninformed statement. Test wells are drilled all the time but production wells need to flow and to flow they need transport.

The Robber Barons of Standard Oil took over the oil business with their ties to railroads and the transportation of oil to market. They didn't have to make every find, they just had to control it and through the railroads, they did.

Tex

There are pipelines all over this country anyway. The Bakken Market Link
(as it is called) has plans to follow a pipeline put in several years ago.

Does anyone reading this realize it is a private company doing
this work, not a government?

And there is talk of building a railroad siding in Fallon County to transport
oil out of here. It's not Buffet doing it, although they will use his
tracks, it is an oil company that is planning to do it. They will get
the oil out of here one way or another.

Latest posts