• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Its over and it went great

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
The First Ever Red Angus Influence ONLY calf sale was yesterday and it went great. The steers sold very well, but the replacement heifers stole the show, as they sold from steer price to $19/cwt over their steer mates. I want to give Mobridge Livestock a big Thank You for putting on the great event!

Click on the link to view the full market report.

http://www.mobridgelivestock.com/index_files/Page388.htm

A set of big steers that weighed 656 lbs leaving the ring after they sold for $1.57 or $1030

A ring full of calves

A zoomed in photo of some calves

A look at what this load of steers weighed and sold for

A look at what this group of replacement heifers weighed and sold for.

Its a great feeling when ones hard work pays dividends. Its an even greater feeling when ones hard work helps others to benefit. Ive heard through the grapevine from people here that Mobridge Livestock did an outstanding job and I also heard a big amount of praise going to you as well BRG. Congratulations on a job well done. Dont forget to spread some of that knowledge around to the younger generation so they will learn how to do it the right way.

tumbleweed_texn said:
Its a great feeling when ones hard work pays dividends. Its an even greater feeling when ones hard work helps others to benefit. Ive heard through the grapevine from people here that Mobridge Livestock did an outstanding job and I also heard a big amount of praise going to you as well BRG. Congratulations on a job well done. Dont forget to spread some of that knowledge around to the younger generation so they will learn how to do it the right way.

I appreciate the compliments!(very much so) But Mobridge Livestock needs the praise as they were willing to have this sale. So many other barns around the country still discourage using anything but black, and here these guys are promoting the Reds like no other!

Looks like a good sale congrats. Were moving our bull sale to Mobridge May 3rd 2012 our area is full of "HOBBY" Ranchers and no matter what most won't go much over $1500 on bull's Seth Weishaar is our auctioneer and he thinks we'd do alot better in Mobridge and they are more than accomodating to hold our sale.But they are all black.

Denny said:
Looks like a good sale congrats. Were moving our bull sale to Mobridge May 3rd 2012 our area is full of "HOBBY" Ranchers and no matter what most won't go much over $1500 on bull's Seth Weishaar is our auctioneer and he thinks we'd do alot better in Mobridge and they are more than accomodating to hold our sale.But they are all black.[/quote

Seth is one of the best and everyone likes him! It is always tough to start in a new area, but if a guy does, like you are, I would say their is no better time than now with these prices. Their is a lot of optimism in cow country. I wish you the best!

Congrats to you BRG and to Mobridge Livestock. I never really had a doubt that it would work. Good cattle always bring people in who want them.

Good luck Denny. If I ever get enough numbers to have my own sale Seth would be my choice for auctioneer.

Looks like they mixed in a few blacks? Possible measure taken to keep the buyers in the seats? :lol2: :nod:

No, no. I'm just harrassing you, BRG. :D Glad to hear that the sale came off as everyone had hoped. Excellent situation all the way around.

Latest posts