• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I've figured out how to post photo's FH !!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

river rat

Reaction score
Thank's to my best helper, river rat #1, I've figured out how to post some pictures. Here's some photo's of our coming 2 yr. old heifers that will calve in Feb. and March this spring. They have been on Ag-West roughage equalizer since this time last winter. They have been fed nothing but alfalfa/grass mix hay through last winter and spring, and drought stricken pastures this summer, along with the 227 protein mineral. They have been eating hay for the past 3 weeks or so since the grass was all ate up. They consume one fourth to one third of a pound a day of the 227. The few bulls pictured are bull calves we kept this fall to cleanup cows and heifers next spring. The other 225 bull calves are at Jorgensens and will be available for lease this spring through them. The mothers to all these cattle will all trace to our 4 main herd sires we have used from the Jorgensen program. They are Ideal 5201, Ideal 7407, Ideal 7408, and Ideal 332.
100_2896_zpsb43c9578.jpg

100_2890_zpsacb28708.jpg

Group photo's of a few
100_2882_zps2f7670b9.jpg

Sinclair Expert 8X43 daughter
100_2877_zps422627e8.jpg

Ideal 6051 daughter
100_2883_zps7384aba0.jpg

100_2894_zps03e47ddd.jpg

100_2900_zps98090041.jpg

Sinclair Emperor 9X45 daughter's
100_2897_zps80da2c45.jpg

river rat #2, Dad's photo helper!!!
100_2901_zps1cc970fd.jpg

Jipsey Earl grandson out of Ideal 332 daughter
100_2902_zps2cc900f9.jpg

LT Rancher's Choice 7265 son out of Ideal 332 daughter
100_2904_zps1e3f3d75.jpg

Coleman Juneau 060 son out of Ideal 6051 daughter

Nice! :D Kinda cattle i like. Looks like they have plenty of depth. Glad to see ya got the photo thing mastered. Now we will expect ya to keep it going! :D Thanks!

Good lookin cattle. I too am glad you got the picture deal figured out.

River rat- what is your opinion of Jipsey Earl... I've never used him- but heard both good and bad from different folks...

Yep--Cattle look good... I've sure had good luck using some of that Sinclair breeding combination of Rito 707, Jorgenson, and the old N-Bar genetics...They build nice looking cows.....

I was using and have several daughters of Whitney Creek Legacy 726T AAA #15800327-- and when he got his hoof wirecut so bad I had to get rid of him I saved a son which is one of the herd bulls now- Lazy Bar B Juanada Rito 06X AAA #16741353-- which so far has pleased me from his first calves on the ground...

Don't really have an opinion on the Jipsey Earls yet Oldtimer, this is the first crop of calves sired by him we've had. Kind of an interesting story on how we came to own him. Bought him in 2011 and his sire was supposed to be a Schaff sire, and I couldn't believe how he held his flesh all summer breeding cows that first year he was a yearling. We hadn't ever used anything with Schaff blood before, so I thought maybe this was the way they all were. When we semen checked him last spring as a two year old our vet told me "there's no way in hell he's out of a Schaff bull." Well when we went to get him semen collected after semen testing , I had blood drawn on him for parentage, and low and behold, the vet was right, he wasn't Schaff sired, and the sire he matched that was used in that herd was Jipsey Earl. Quite a little difference in those two. I didn't use him real heavy last spring, as I was a little concerned how his calves would compete with our others at weaning time, but I was pleasantly surprised by their performance, so we will be getting 30-40 more calves by him this spring. He calved real easy, so Big Swede used him on all his heifers this year. He holds his flesh extremely well and is a real nice looking high 4 to low 5 frame bull. We used another bull AI by the real Schaff sire we thought he was out of and after looking at his calves, I'm sure glad this one turned out to be an Earl. I'll let you know more when his daughters get more proven.

Yippee!!!!
I just saw this thread tonight. Wow, like your cattle. I've long been
interested in the Jorgensen cattle. I help some people pick Angus bulls
and I haven't been shy about talking about the Ideal cattle.

Years ago the guy we were buying bulls from had two sons of 033. He convinced me tht we wouldn't like them...
come to find out, he kept them for himself and they really produced some
good females. Because of that and a couple other deals we quit buying
our bulls there. Glad that most seedstock producers have more integrity
than that.

I'll be looking for more pictures from you, river rat--here and in the
photo contest!!! BTW, I need to come up with a new catagory this week....
better get on that little detail......

You have a darn cute helper there!

Good job rat man, heifers look awesome as usual. Jeez if you're not to old to learn a new trick maybe you you can even teach me. :p.

Big Swede said:
Good job rat man, heifers look awesome as usual. Jeez if you're not to old to learn a new trick maybe you you can even teach me. :p.

That would be appreciated. I for one would like to see what you're doing there. :wink:

Well just imagine similar cattle, since I've been using river rat's bulls since 1998, eating out of a bunk instead of meadow hay. He and I were planning on a road trip to Soapweeds house so he could tutor us on picture posting but he got it figured out. We still might have to go for a drive.

Latest posts