• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jane Fonda: "I made one unforgivable mistake"

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
(took her long enough to admit it:)

Jane Fonda is surrounded by soldiers and reporters as she sings an anti-war song near Hanoi during the Vietnam War in July 1972. The actress is seated on an anti-aircraft gun. (AP) Wednesday, 03 Apr 2013 06:17 PM

By Greg Richter

"I made one unforgivable mistake when I was in North Vietnam, and I will go to my grave with this," Jane Fonda says on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

The actress and activist made an infamous trip to North Vietnam in 1972 where she was photographed singing with members of the North Vietnamese military as she sat on an anti-aircraft gun.

She was criticized then — and ever since — and says she understands the anger.

Fonda says she knew immediately she had made a mistake and has apologized repeatedly, both privately and publicly.

She told OWN program "Oprah's Master Class" that the event happened on the last day of her visit. She was tired, she said, and didn't want to attend.

"I don't know if I was set up or not," she said. "I was an adult. I take responsibility for my actions."

The soldiers sang a song and Fonda joined in with her "feeble Vietnamese."

As everyone was laughing and singing, Fonda was led to a gun site, where she sat down.

"And I was laughing and clapping, and there were pictures taken."

As she walked away, Fonda says she suddenly realized the pictures would be seen in the United States — and they would not look good.

"There were no planes, the gun was not operable. It didn't matter. This is an image that belied everything that I was," Fonda said.

The visit earned Fonda the nickname "Hanoi Jane," particularly among U.S. veterans, who were outraged by photos of the young actress.

In 1988, Fonda met with a group of Vietnam veterans in a church basement in Connecticut while making a film there. She said that while not everyone at the meeting became "fond of Fonda," there was healing.

"What I learned," she said, "we have to listen to each other, even when we don't agree, even when we think we hate each other. We have to listen to each other's narratives, not interrupt defensively or with hostility, but really try to open our hearts and listen with empathy."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Jane-Fonda-Unforgivable-Mistake/2013/04/03/id/497721?s=al&promo_code=13058-1#ixzz2PYXmm05B

I remember that time in 1972 very clearly. Jane should have been put in jail the minute she came back to the US and the key thrown away. Over 50,000 of our guys gave their lives so that stupid broad and others like her could have their say. She is worthless.

Red Barn I also remember 1972 clearly also and I do have to agree with you. 101

It was not that Jane sat in that gun turret. It was that she had no business of being over there to start with. She was there to give encouragement to our enemies. We lost that war because of people like her. It is one thing to be opposed of the war, but another if we fail to support the people we send over there to fight. Jane was a traitor.

Clarencen said:
It was not that Jane sat in that gun turret. It was that she had no business of being over there to start with. She was there to give encouragement to our enemies. We lost that war because of people like her. It is one thing to be opposed of the war, but another if we fail to support the people we send over there to fight. Jane was a traitor.

:agree:
If she thinks saying this now is going to make us like her, she is wrong.
I also remember those POW's giving her messages and she gave them
to the enemy. Caused those POW's to get a severe beating.

She should have let a sleeping dog lie. She did herself no good with
this article. :x

The problem is that we still know her name. She used her famous family name to get over there in 1972 and did what she did but what is worst is Hollywood put her in movies and the American Public made her a star. That is why she can now go on Oprah and say what ever makes her feel better. Her words will never change the damage she did and she and Hollywood should have paid every time they put her in a movie but they didn't.

Hollywood never pays for what they stand for as if they did Robert Redford with his new movie glorifying The murdering Weather Underground will never see a dime of the American public's money. The early reviews already show the Liberal bias media is pumping his movie up so people will go see him praising people that made 9 US children fatherless while claiming their actions never hurt anyone, they were just protest against a war. :roll: :x

And be proud everyone as thanks to your Liberal University system at least three of the unrepentant Murderous Weather Underground gang mates are now teaching your next generation. :roll:

She says "one unforgivable mistake". So thinks it ONE. It's dang sure more than one and her failureto only admit to one says a lot. As kola would say BIATCH

she started out discounting most of her actions,, yet claims to "take responsibility"

but then launches into a bunch of rationalizations and claims she was set up..

it is just pathetic

yes.. hanoi jane.. it is unforgivable.. and you will take your mistake to the grave.. and many vets will still spit on that grave...

I don't often like to hear the "C" word in reference to women...but Hanoi Jane is the "C" word, and I would love to call her that to her face.

Latest posts