• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jarheads

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
Had to take the Marine to the airport at 0400 this morning and send him down to Camp Pendleton. Getting up was a little on the hardside as we were up till 1200 packing 200 pounds of stuff in his knapsack and writing this to send him off. He made copies to take to his buddies.

Leathernecks, Jarheads and Devildogs.

Fear not, for as a father I have always been there
No matter what happens, you know that I'll always care.

From the first time I saw you, as much as you try to hide
I have always been there, with you, standing at your side.

Fear not, for as your mother, hanta yo, we do yell
You will always protect us, that I am glad to tell.

You are not blood to me, but our hearts we do share
We are of a kindred soul, for you I truly care.

Fear not, as a brother you're the best that there can be
For I am the little sister, you teach me so I can see.

You have become the shining light, leading me from above
Not only one to admire, one to truly love.

Fear not, you are now a member, of the United States Marines
Subjected to training, the likes most have never seen.

You are now a member of a family, connected by blood and sweat
The kind that some of our enemies haven't reckoned with quite yet

Fear not, for God is with you on this perilous trail
Where shear guts and determination, destiny will prevail.

You and the ones like you, hold the worlds troubles in your hand
You all have the power to change things, with a single command.

Fear not, for the world depends on you and prays for your safe return
Even those who may despise you, for the respect that you will earn.

Wherever you will go, some will call you by a name
Only here at home will you always be in fame.

Fear not, for in a sacred manner I am coming, HANTA YO.
Clear the way for I am coming, you should all just go.

Clear the way for the Devildogs, they have always won
They will be here in the end, when the earth is done.

Scott Wiley

Another good one sw,I can't even begin to tell you the feelings your poem brought to me,our children are our light and future,you definatly made that clear in this writing!...I'm getting Greg to make a trip to our post office more often then every two weeks checking for your package,will let you know when it arrives,Thank-you!

AWSOME as I read it I could feel your pride and trust your son is NOW a MAN.
Yall should be proud yall have done a great job.

No poetry can compete with that which comes from the heart. the reader doesn't pay attention to meter and all the proper poetry stuff. It's the message and feeling behind it that counts.

thanks you all, and yes, the metering etc is off but I don't think the jarheads care one bit :wink:

Oh GREAT....another box of Kleenex...EMPTY...just when I need it!!! :wink: :wink: Simply beautiful, Scott!!!! You know how to put into words the TRUE link that makes a family....not blood..not DNA, but HEART!!!! :D

Thanks for the message.
But a bigger thanks to all soldiers and veterans, who I will always look up to. My hats off to them as I can never repay them for their deeds and bravery. This is also the anniversary in the loss of a special person in my life. my father who was a veteran and POW. What I wouldn't give for just one more moment with him

passin thru said:
Thanks for the message.
But a bigger thanks to all soldiers and veterans, who I will always look up to. My hats off to them as I can never repay them for their deeds and bravery. This is also the anniversary in the loss of a special person in my life. my father who was a veteran and POW. What I wouldn't give for just one more moment with him

Amen, passingthru!! Prayers with you on your day of grieving!! The pain will ease with time, but there will be days...... :(

Passin thru
sorry for your loss, I haven't had to deal with that one yet. My mother sent our Marine pictures of his grandpa in Korea as a Marine during the last few months and all he could say was I am sure glad I never had to go there and live through that. We can never repay those before us that fought and sometimes died to give us this cushy life we are living. Cheers buddy.

My hats off to you and your marine ALL True HERO'S.....him for serveing you for giving him to us all..

It is werd how we all look up to people through life and here we are now looking up to young men who are what one could call a kid. Only these men are not kids.

Latest posts