• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

jcpenny

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redrobin

Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57373794/jcpenney-ceo-on-ellen-degeneres-controversy/

jcpenney is trying to rebuild its customer base with help from a new spokeswoman, Ellen DeGeneres.

But a group called One Million Moms is accusing the company of "jumping on the pro-gay bandwagon."

DeGeneres responded to the group on her TV show Wednesday, saying, "I'm happy about (being the spokesperson), jcpenney is happy about it. But there's this group called One Million Moms that is not happy about it. And normally I try not to pay attention to my haters, but this time I'd like to talk about it because my haters are my motivators. This organization doesn't think I should be the spokesperson because I am gay. So for those of you tuning in for the first time, I'm gay. I hope you were sitting down. ... So they wanted to get me fired, and I'm proud and happy to say that jcpenney stuck by their decision to make me their spokesperson."

:lol: :lol: Then a few months later...after coming out of the queer closet Penny's stock is...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2012/05/17/j-c--penney-stock-crashes-after-report.html

Go figure. Hard to meet sales expectations when your most loyal market is now the queer 2% of the population.

this has happened to many stores that forgot their core market and tried to win or get a new market..

the aging baby-boomers (about 25% of the population) seemed to be their target market for some time..

last year, J.C. Penney announced a five-year growth initiative, which included the targeting of a younger shopper demographic. Late last year, the merchant embraced Facebook as a selling channel, and in January, announced it would close its outlet stores and officially put an end to its catalog channel.

Since Johnson has been in charge for the trendy, fast-growing Apple Store chain, articles like this one from The Associated Press have speculated that J.C. Penney will go from square to hip. But even with J.C. Penney making moves to modify its image, can Johnson make the merchant's customer experience more like Apple Store's?

"Unless Johnson is prepared to burn the place down and start again, his main option will be the color of the lipstick to put on his pig," Neisser says. "Unless Johnson is prepared to fire every J.C. Penney employee, there is simply no hope of creating the customer-centric mentality that pervades the Apple stores."

Neisser says he's not sure if the J.C. Penney customer is an Apple Store shopper, so there's a chance transforming J.C. Penney could alienate its existing customer base.

having only been in an apple store once.. with no desire to ever go in one again.. I would say trying to turn a clothes store into an apple style store was a mega failure

and since I needed a new pair of shoes this weekend I found myself in a JC penny store.. with no shoe an adult would wear to be seen...

in fact of the half dozen stores I looked at from sears, kohls to target.. none seemed to cater to an adult.. or had a decent shoe.. unless you want to look like an old man wearing a hip-hop-rappers neon sneakers.. :?

someday a store will realize 25% of the population is worth selling to..

I guess I will have to drive to a cabelas.. to try on a shoe.. now that is a store that knows how to market to it's customers..

Whitewing said:
I was once accused of owning one of everything Cabelas had in their catalog. :D

I would be happy with their bargain basement... :lol:

I just wish we would have gotten one a bit closer.. so I could visit your stuff more often.. :lol:

I remember Dad ordering engine overhaul kits from Penney's.

We had a Penney's store here from the 20's until they closed it down in the mid 80's. Work clothes, underwear, shoes/boots....they had it all, or could get it for you in about 3 days. That store has been gone for almost 30 years now, and I still miss it.

On the bright side, I'm only 70 miles from the Kearney, Nebraska, Cabela's! 8) :D However, compared to the flagship store at Sidney and the new one in Omaha, the Kearney store is TINY.

Anybody still get a JC Whitney catalog?

Latest posts